BTW, UConn is a damn good school too! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

BTW, UConn is a damn good school too!

Reaction Score
The good news is we don't have to waste any more time following CR. That topic is officially dead. It makes no difference what UConn Football does. Academics and Hoops, that's the ticket. CAA, Patriot, Independent, it really doesn't matter for football. Today the program and the fans made a statement.

Reaction Score
The good news is we don't have to waste any more time following CR. That topic is officially dead. It makes no difference what UConn Football does. Academics and Hoops, that's the ticket. CAA, Patriot, Independent, it really doesn't matter for football. Today the program and the fans made a statement.
College realignment is just put on hold. It is not dead. UConn has to get out of the so-called Big East and into a power conference. The football program will improve. Jim Mora will make sure it will. If UConn can rank in the top 50 national universities based on the US News & World Report standards, that would be a great short-term achievement. We are not too far away.

Reaction Score
College realignment is just put on hold. It is not dead. UConn has to get out of the so-called Big East and into a power conference. The football program will improve. Jim Mora will make sure it will. If UConn can rank in the top 50 national universities based on the US News & World Report standards, that would be a great short-term achievement. We are not too far away.
I think the mistake was not doing a hard legislative press to get UConn to AAU status, you get that and the "football" problem goes away. get the legislature to give you "their" own AAU school. Yeah, Yale is down the road but you don't own that, do you, CT legislature.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I think the mistake was not doing a hard legislative press to get UConn to AAU status, you get that and the "football" problem goes away.
Why do you say this? It's not AAU keeping us out.

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
Kinda, indirectly. The conferences we'd like UConn to get into have schools that are objecting to our joining, and several/many of those schools are part of the AAU. So by extension, not only are they blocking us during CR, but they are also saying No, Nein, Nyet to us to join the AAU while opening the door for lesser (why yes I'm biased) ranked schools.

Reaction Score
I think if we were in the AAU we'd be in. It's all about perception and perceived intent. UConn is not perceived as trying to participate. We know that's not true, but that is the view.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I think if we were in the AAU we'd be in. It's all about perception and perceived intent. UConn is not perceived as trying to participate.
If we were AAU, where would we be now? Please tell me the point where no AAU kept us out.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom