BTW, our fast break is flat out awful. | The Boneyard

BTW, our fast break is flat out awful.

Reaction Score
The next time we have a two on one and throw a pass will be the first time. Do we even practice that? Sometimes we throw the ball away before we even get a shot. At least three times (six points) come to mind. It drives me nuts. We get the shot blocked, or throw up a prayer or kick it out of bounds. It's a two on one for Pete's sake. Ugly. Ugly. Ugly.

Reaction Score
Finishing lay ups, foul shots and lazy passes...all are all between the ears...failure to exert the will to focus and finish.

Reaction Score
I truly can’t remember a break that vital has lead that has lead to a basket.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
This is still better than the team about 4 years ago which couldn't hit the rim on layups.

Reaction Score
We probably left 10 points off the board on transition plays. Gilbert had one where he was free to the rim and missed when he hit the back rim. It's brutal to watch.

Reaction Score
In the age of the euro step, I’d really like to have seen one person other than a 5’9 Gilbert try it when attacking the rim.

Granted, we don’t really have anyone else who’s athleticism/ball handling is enough to pull it off other than Jalen.

Looks like we’re up Schitt’s Creek on that one

Reaction Score
Other teams make the fast break easy. We look like an ongoing head on crash with our fast breaks. I can not not remember once bounce pass leading to a basket this year on our fast breaks.

Reaction Score
Very simple on a 2on 1 break. Separation. It’s like they have no clue. How many guys that were guards have been on our coaching staffs. Does anyone listen? It is something an 8th grade rec team should know.

Reaction Score
Other teams make the fast break easy. We look like an ongoing head on crash with our fast breaks. I can not not remember once bounce pass leading to a basket this year on our fast breaks.

Highest %%% finish in a 2 on 1 isn't a bounce pass. Part of the arsenal, but not necessarily a quality of a good fast break.

Reaction Score
Vital is a major culprit in the fast break situation. Not only does he never give it up when appropriate, he goes 110 mph and usually turns it over. He did it last night when he had AG trailing. Cmon. This is hoops 101. I learned that in 6th grade - baffling how these guys don’t kno this

Reaction Score
Sometimes I think we'd be better off pulling up and shooting a 3. Then I remember how well we shoot the 3.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Sometimes I think we'd be better off pulling up and shooting a 3. Then I remember how well we shoot the 3.

Given 3 v. 2 the math may be closer than you think.

Reaction Score
In the age of the euro step, I’d really like to have seen one person other than a 5’9 Gilbert try it when attacking the rim.

Granted, we don’t really have anyone else who’s athleticism/ball handling is enough to pull it off other than Jalen.

Looks like we’re up Schitt’s Creek on that one

Feel like Tarin uses it almost everytime he takes a layup--- sometimes when it's not needed.

Reaction Score
The LeBron/Harden effect. Go 100 mph down the lane, run into someone, go to the free throw line. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Jaylen would find the open guy who would promptly either bobble the ball or walk.

Reaction Score
Anyone that doesn't live in the gym this summer should be kicked off the team. Get stronger, get in better shape, work on shooting, work on FTs, work on ball handling. And, yes, play a ton of pick up and work on being a team.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Vital is a major culprit in the fast break situation. Not only does he never give it up when appropriate, he goes 110 mph and usually turns it over. He did it last night when he had AG trailing. Cmon. This is hoops 101. I learned that in 6th grade - baffling how these guys don’t kno this
It’s as if the most important thing, someone making the hoop, isn’t foremost when they have the break.

Reaction Score
The fast break issue has been with us for several years but the problem isn't necessarily the guards... it's our lack of athletic wings. I've heard dozens of commentators say UConn is best when they are running and I would always chuckle to myself because I knew we had very few players who could finish on an alley-oop or flush it over a player over six-four. That's another reason why we have had so few dunks over the last last decade and I feel like Amida Brimah and Shonn Miller had 75% of them off of feeds from Daniel Hamilton.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom