BS | The Boneyard

BS

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
I'm sick of this ESPN 360 crap. It's totally unfair that ESPN holds our game hostage and we can't watch it on SNY. I'm sitting here trying to figure this 360 nonsense and my cable provider isn't on the list.

I thought that when we signed that contract with SNY that we wouldn't have to experience disrespect like this from ESPN ever again.

AGITATED!!!!

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
You're in the minority. in terms of not having it available.

Blame the antichrist Dolans, assuming you're in CVC country.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
You're in the minority. in terms of not having it available.

Blame the antichrist Dolans, assuming you're in CVC country.
awesome

Is ESPN 360 exclusive for computer viewing? I couldn't go to a sports bar tomorrow and watch this?

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Only way to get 360 on a TV (at a bar or otherwise) is to output it from a computer to the TV. So if you want to see it you basically need to find someone that has a provider that carries 360. Not really any other way around it besides bitching and moaning to your provider until they carry it.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
As long as your cable provider carries it, you can watch it anywhere. I'm in Maryland at a hotel and I'm using my Cox Cable log-in from Florida to access the "Trip" or the "Tre".
Go to a Starbuck's or public library and latch on. As has been mentioned almost every University gets the feed as do military bases. Find one and piggy back on. Or, if your phone has the capability, use your phone as a wi-fi hotspot and piggy back off that signal.

Frustrating? Yes. But it's workable. If you're really pissed off enough, hop in a car and get to East Hartford for the game.

Reaction Score
If you have an XBox with XBox live, I heard their ESPN 3 Version is better than you might get on your computer. I haven't used it for college football this season yet, but checked out some of LSU's spring game just to see the picture quality and it was downright stunning how clear it came in high def.

Worth checking out if you have it.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
I would but I have class tomorrow and won't get home until the middle of the game

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
If you have an XBox with XBox live, I heard their ESPN 3 Version is better than you might get on your computer. I haven't used it for college football this season yet, but checked out some of LSU's spring game just to see the picture quality and it was downright stunning how clear it came in high def.

Worth checking out if you have it.
santini was talking about this a few days ago. I was considering getting XBOX Live just for this actually. Any other good programming associated with XBOX Live to sweeten this deal? I doubt we get stuck in a hole like this again this season.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Jay, i have the prob as well. cable vision sucks more D then ever with the 360. first they drive on your lawn for years, now this. anyway i have great news. last year i got so mad during a bball game i spent the whole game trying to break thru some how and i finally did. i am trying to remember how it was. its prob impossible to bright up the thread on scout it was so long ago...i'm pretty sure i went to one of the providers that was listed on the 360 as a partner, and signed up for a email account on that site. it might have been at&t or one of those, i'll have to look it up, hang tight. its has worked since for me. the reason i forget the info is becuase the last time i used it was last fall for early uconn bball games/fball games...hang on

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
hey exit, it is AT&T. ibleed hooked me up earlier with how to get around it. thanks tho.

exit 16, love the burgers at five guys.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Nice!

suck a pita isn't it? considering its so easy to get around once you figure it out. real dcik move by espn imo.

yea 5 guys is good stuff...

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I would but I have class tomorrow and won't get home until the middle of the game

Cripes. If you have class, you should be able to get a feed through the school's wif-fi network.

I'm assuming colleges are all up to speed with wi-fi hotspots and that nothing of significance is taught or learned on a Saturday afternoon. Or just put your laptop on mute.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
I go to a film school, I'm in front of the camera

Reaction Score
santini was talking about this a few days ago. I was considering getting XBOX Live just for this actually. Any other good programming associated with XBOX Live to sweeten this deal? I doubt we get stuck in a hole like this again this season.
Well, you can stream Netflix movies and documentaries in high def. I'll be honest I don't even play video games anymore and only have xbox live for the Net Flix and for when my nephews come over, but again the picture quality is off the chain with it.

There are other video streaming options available like Zune, but I've never used them.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I go to a film school, I'm in front of the camera

Then play the role of a pissed off college football fan who's stuck in class Saturday afternoon. Call it performance art and tell anyone who doesn't "get it" that they're too stupid to be around you and your artistic ability. Then storm off the stage in protest of their ignorance. On Tuesday tell your advisor that your abilities are being held back by the Saturday crew and you can't work with them anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom