BS call | The Boneyard

BS call

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The replay showed he fell down but the announcers after seeing that didn't seem to notice.

Reaction Score
Bs call how can u call that with 1 sec left onthe clock at thatpoint unless it was blatant

Reaction Score
Houston damn sure needed that call, we had them right were we wanted them.

Reaction Score
Bail out call... There was no way Houston could be denied. Makes for a great headline. Winless AAC team beats reigning National Champions...

Reaction Score
Houston deserved to win. Yes, it was a bad call. But that call made no difference.

Reaction Score
How can Amida use his hands to play D when it has been called on him consistently all year. He should have had his hands up over his head on that play as soon as th player received the ball.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
That was the designed play by Sampson. Toss the ball into the Brimah's man and crash into Brimah and we will get the call.
UConn has not had a fairy called game since we came into this conference. It's the reason, including last year, we struggle to play 500 ball in
this conference and win a national championship out of conference. Think back to the LVille fiasco last year to the Tulsa game this year to today. Our guys are flagged for every hand check but Boatright is ridden on every play. Truthfully, if I were Ollie, I would be listening to NBA offers. .

Reaction Score
My post was sarcasm.

Are posters really pointing fingers at that call as a determining factor against Houston?

Reaction Score
pnow15 said:
That was the designed play by Sampson. Toss the ball into the Brimah's man and crash into Brimah and we will get the call. UConn has not had a fairy called game since we came into this conference. It's the reason, including last year, we struggle to play 500 ball in this conference and win a national championship out of conference. Think back to the LVille fiasco last year to the Tulsa game this year to today. Our guys are flagged for every hand check but Boatright is ridden on every play. Truthfully, if I were Ollie, I would be listening to NBA offers. .

I love Ollie but maybe, just maybe, if he got on the refs a little bit we would get some calls our way. Every other coach does and you gotta think that if he doesn't we are put at a slight disadvantage in that regard.

Reaction Score
I've seen him talking to the refs. Does he go ballistic? No ,but he makes his points. The one thing he can't do is pass the ball, not turn it over, and make jump shots for his team.

Reaction Score
Ollie needs to protect and defend his players better. Boatright is the pre-season player of the year, leading scorer, and easily the biggest star in the conference and he gets NO respect from these terrible refs. I don't know what he has to do to get a call out there. Brimah does some dumb stuff which leads the refs to not give him the benefit of the doubt. Maybe I'm just spoiled because Kemba and Bazz got a lot of calls.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
BoatShow said:
Ollie needs to protect and defend his players better. Boatright is the pre-season player of the year, leading scorer, and easily the biggest star in the conference and he gets NO respect from these terrible refs. I don't know what he has to do to get a call out there. Maybe I'm just spoiled because Kemba and Bazz got a lot of calls.

Maybe boat shoulda taken a lesson on the " snap the head back " move that Kemba and Bazz used to get so many calls. Seriously. Those two had it down.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
How to beat UConn in 2 easy steps:

1. Allow all manner of contact on Ryan Boatright.

2. Call anything and everything on Amida Brimah, whether it is a foul or not.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
The call was awful, ref is awful to even make the anticipated call.

But our Huskies deserved to lose.
No one deserves to lose. That presupposes some sort of punishment for not dominating a team playing the biggest game of its year.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
The call was awful, ref is awful to even make the anticipated call.

But our Huskies deserved to lose.

By rights, that was either a no-call (UConn's ball on clock violation) or a charging call (Brimah gets 2 shots).

We would have brought this down to a 1 possession game at that point and potentially pulled it out.

Under either of those scenario, we hardly "deserved to lose".

Reaction Score
I agree the call was crucial and I believe could have made a huge difference. But let's look at the reality - we had 6 points with 7 minutes and change left in the first half. So by that fact alone we deserve to lose these games. The pattern is almost comical at this point I'm afraid, if not embarrassing.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I am so bummed but will continue to support my team. Coaches & players. Biggest lesson to be learned: How to tell if a high school or JC guard's ball handling will translate to a D-1 game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom