Bryce McNeal No Longer w/ Louisville Football Program

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Things that make you go hmmmm.....
Bryce McNeal No Longer With The Louisville Football Program

admm_tiny.jpg
by Mike Rutherford on Aug 27, 2012 11:42 AM EDT in Football

Clemson transfer Bryce McNeal has left the U of L football program, Cardinal coach Charlie Strong announced during the Big East coaches' conference call on Monday.

McNeal, a former US Army All-American wide receiver, graduated from Clemson in three years and would have been eligible to play this season for Louisville. He arrived at U of L on Aug. 10 and had been practicing with the team since that time.

It would have been nice to have some added depth at wide receiver, but if we're being honest, it's not a position of extreme need right now even with Michaelee Harris out. I think we all would have liked to have seen McNeal give this program a bit more of a chance, but I suppose if he was that unhappy this quickly then it would probably be best for both sides to part ways as quickly as possible.

Reaction Score
He wasnt going to start, perhaps even not playing much. He already graduated.

pj

Reaction Score
Maybe graduating was the wrong move for him; a regular transfer, practicing a year at his new school and being able to take any classes he wanted as an undergraduate, might have played out better. Now he may lose the year and be in a more difficult situation academically.

Reaction Score
Maybe graduating was the wrong move for him; a regular transfer, practicing a year at his new school and being able to take any classes he wanted as an undergraduate, might have played out better. Now he may lose the year and be in a more difficult situation academically.

He already redshirted, so I don't think he wanted to automatically lose a year of eligibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom