BRRRRRRR - Saturday Forecast | The Boneyard

BRRRRRRR - Saturday Forecast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Saturday: Cloudy with light rain showers, possibly mixing with wet snow flakes in the higher elevations, early in the morning. Thereafter, gradual clearing. Becoming windy. Low: 35. High: 47 inland, 50 shore.

Advantage UConn!

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
LOVE this. But this all but assures attendance to be sub-20K. I think everyone should sit on the UCONN sidelines on Saturday to give off the impression that there are people in the stadium for those watching on TV (if there are any).

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Can't wait to fire-up the tailgate heater for the first time this season! Hopefully won't need it after a few drinks. Anyone cookin' up anything good on the menu for this weekend? I'm thinking of doing steaks/lobster tails for this game given the Florida opponet.

Reaction Score
Can't wait to fire-up the tailgate heater for the first time this season! Hopefully won't need it after a few drinks. Anyone cookin' up anything good on the menu for this weekend? I'm thinking of doing steaks/lobster tails for this game given the Florida opponet.

So I can understand cooking Red Snapper, Grouper, Conch, Shrimp for a FL team but steak or lobster? Unless of course you consider warm water langoustine to be lobsters, but I can't believe anyone from New England would believe that.

Reaction Score
From what I can tell the weather report is getting worse. Snow seems possible now

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
LOVE this. But this all but assures attendance to be sub-20K. I think everyone should sit on the UCONN sidelines on Saturday to give off the impression that there are people in the stadium for those watching on TV (if there are any).
Homecoming and Howard Tribute should counteract the effects of the weather a bit. My guess is mid - high 20K.

Dooley

Reaction Score
Homecoming and Howard Tribute should counteract the effects of the weather a bit. My guess is mid - high 20K.

I hope that you are right. But nothing keeps droves of complainy Connecticut people locked in their panic room bunkers like a mini snow flurry!

Husky25

Reaction Score
I hope that you are right. But nothing keeps droves of complainy Connecticut people locked in their panic room bunkers like a mini snow flurry!
Not for those of us from the Great Northland of Massachusetts (Though I've called CT my home for all or parts of 19 years, I will always be a Central Mass-hole)!!!

I welcome the snow. So much more enjoyable than watching a game in the rain.

Dooley

Reaction Score
No those of us from the Great Northland of Massachusetts (Though I've called CT my home for all or parts of 19 years, I will always be a Central Mass-hole)!!!

I welcome the snow. So much more enjoyable than watching a game in the rain.

I love watching games in any elements. I'll take rain and/or snow over 90 degree humidity (like the Stony Brook game this year) 100 times out of 100.

Husky25

Reaction Score
I love watching games in any elements. I'll take rain and/or snow over 90 degree humidity (like the Stony Brook game this year) 100 times out of 100.
I'd personally rather it be cold than too hot. I can always run across the street to Ocean State Job Lot for some hot pouches.

The Stony Brook game was not good times with a 2 year old. Luckily, it was about 15 degrees cooler with a nice breeze on the concourse. My wife took him to the car for his nap after the 3rd quarter.

I have an old college buddy and his family staying with us this weekend. My buddy and I will go to the game and my son will be able to stay home and play with my buddy's twins (I will make sure my wife has the game on so we can positively affect the ratings too :)).

I can't wait for next week. Football and tailgating on Saturday, hockey on Wednesday, and football and tailgating the following Saturday. I could complain but it would only be about 1st world problems. We should all be so lucky.

Last edited:

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I don't mind the cold because our players are primarily from the northeast and I'm guessing the UCF players are primarily from the southeast. However, I have to say that I'm hoping the conditions are dry and the wind stays down. Our passing game is still the key to our offense, and we still need to get Davis and Foxx the ball. Hopefully, it's a cool, calm, dry day...

Bonehead

Reaction Score

Or bad Rent parking experiences during a soccer mom's festival - I mean USNMT soccer event.
Again - the one nice caveat of bad crowds - easy exiting of games.

:-(

Reaction Score
I would have loved to be at this game. But this weekend is literally the only weekend to see my brand new nephew. I bought him some baby UConn stuff, so I'm hoping I can convince my sister to let me dress him up and watch the game with me.

Reaction Score
So who will be the first here to compare the Auburn vs Ole Miss atmosphere to our game and blame the fans for the small showing

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
So who will be the first here to compare the Auburn vs Ole Miss atmosphere to our game and blame the fans for the small showing
Ooh ooh can I? Please? I called it first!

Reaction Score
Remember you have to blame the fans for the small showing and the lack of atmosphere.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
According to The Weather Channel on my phone, as of this morning the high will be just above 50, but the chance of rain increased from 40% yesterday to 70% today. Unlike many of you, I much prefer the Stony Brook weather to rain. Rain puts a damper on our ability to spread out the tailgating and inevitable some part of my rain coat will fail.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
Remember you have to blame the fans for the small showing and the lack of atmosphere.

Can't blame the fans - LAZ Parking Ltd. is the reason - and traffic as well. Fans wont come to the Rent due to parking and traffic fiascos - the game day experience is top notch!

LAZ Parking is the parking management company selected to direct the parking operation at Rentschler Field. LAZ Parking is a national parking company that specializes in the management, leasing, ownership, and development of high-level parking facilities. Additional information about LAZ Parking is available at www.lazparking.com.

Husky25

Reaction Score
According to The Weather Channel on my phone, as of this morning the high will be just above 50, but the chance of rain increased from 40% yesterday to 70% today. Unlike many of you, I much prefer the Stony Brook weather to rain. Rain puts a damper on our ability to spread out the tailgating and inevitable some part of my rain coat will fail.
Search for East Hartford. Chance of precipitation is 40%, not 70%. According to Accuweather, The hourly rain forecast peaks above 40% during the 10:00 hour and 4:00 hour. Between 11:00 and 2:00 the anticipated chance for participation isn't expect to eclipse 20%.

Plan accordingly, but this weekend is far from USF '07, Louisville '07, or USF' 10, let alone Armageddon. Unless fans are made of sugar (they aren't), there is no reason not to be in East Hartford this weekend.

Reaction Score
Can't blame the fans - LAZ Parking Ltd. is the reason - and traffic as well. Fans wont come to the Rent due to parking and traffic fiascos - the game day experience is top notch!

LAZ Parking is the parking management company selected to direct the parking operation at Rentschler Field. LAZ Parking is a national parking company that specializes in the management, leasing, ownership, and development of high-level parking facilities. Additional information about LAZ Parking is available at www.lazparking.com. [/QUOTE]

I think a trolley would go a long way in increasing people's satisfaction with the parking. I personally don't mind the 500 mile walk from the end of the run way to the stadium. I exaggerate of course, but on a nice cool, sunny day it's an enjoyable walk. That being said, I can't even count the number of times I've heard people complaining about the walk and how a tram/trolley system would be amazing.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Red Lot Trolley / Shuttle : excellent idea that should have been implemented years ago.

Parking : agree it shouldn't be run by LAZ, though not sure what options there are to ditch them. I would suggest that there should be a "lot manager" that works the same lot every game, but then staff it with local high schools/organizations as a fundraising activity. Wouldn't be any worse than the current LAZ staff.

Husky25

Reaction Score
I think a trolley would go a long way in increasing people's satisfaction with the parking. I personally don't mind the 500 mile walk from the end of the run way to the stadium. I exaggerate of course, but on a nice cool, sunny day it's an enjoyable walk. That being said, I can't even count the number of times I've heard people complaining about the walk and how a tram/trolley system would be amazing.
There used to be a shuttle. It NEEDS to be brought back.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Search for East Hartford.
I'm in Cromwell and figured it was close enough. But looking at East Hartford you're correct. I even looked at Rocky Hill just now and they have a 50% chance. Interesting that one town over is 20% less likely to get rain. Regardless, I won't really think about the weather until tomorrow night's forecast. It always changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom