Broken ankle for Bradley | The Boneyard

Broken ankle for Bradley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If wolf and olander play well, than the team may red shirt bradley and give him 4 healthy years of eligibility and 5 years of scholarship. That would be the best option in my opinion. coming back from injury and playing well early is highly unlikely. If bradley plays this year it will probably end up like wolfs freshman year. Essentially a wasted year of eligibility.

Reaction Score
I feel bad for Bradley. He took one for the team and now he can't even practice. The good news for him is that he will be a fan favorite when he steps on the court for all the sacrifices he's made

Reaction Score
he got essentially no recognition at first night. I was cheering loud, but many people around me barely clapped if they did anything at all. I understand that most fans don't follow the team until the year starts and don't understand the significance of what bradley did. Still frustrating though

Reaction Score
If wolf and olander play well, than the team may red shirt bradley and give him 4 healthy years of eligibility and 5 years of scholarship. That would be the best option in my opinion. coming back from injury and playing well early is highly unlikely. If bradley plays this year it will probably end up like wolfs freshman year. Essentially a wasted year of eligibility.
Thought he was redshirt last year ??

Reaction Score
this time it would be a medical redshirt. Although, I believe since he's not on scholarship this year that he could just not appear in a game and he would retain his eligibility.

Reaction Score
Any truth to the rumor he was trying to guard Kemba?
The kid breaks his ankle and you joke about it...okay it was funny. You got a chuckle out of on that one.

I wish Michael a speedy recovery. I hope he's able to play this season and contribute. He already sat out last season. You hate to see this happen to such a great kid.

SJ

Reaction Score
he got essentially no recognition at first night. I was cheering loud, but many people around me barely clapped if they did anything at all. I understand that most fans don't follow the team until the year starts and don't understand the significance of what bradley did. Still frustrating though
noticed this as well. was kinda p.o.'ed, but then again, i was in line next to students who didn't even know AD, DD, and RB were new players either!

Reaction Score

I also was kind of disappointed he didn't get more of a hand. Hopefully he gets a huge ovation the minute he steps on the court at Gampel for the first time. I really do feel horrible for him though.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I almost wrote this kid can't seem to catch a break, until I realized that I was unintentionally making a joke at a great kids expense. I'm hoping for his speedy recovery. I want to see him on the court as soon as he can get there, unless missing this season guarantees him another year.

It stinks when good people have bad luck and this kid is good people with tons of bad luck. In one of the interviews during the season, Bradley said how much he wished he could be playing. So if he wants to burn a season just to be part of this team, no one has earned that opportunity more than Bradley.

As far as people knowing the story about Bradley and what he did it isn't surprising that many fans are not as obsessed as we are about the team. There are all types of fans and not all of them, want to know everything about the players and team. That doesn't make them less of a fan. That makes them a different type of fan. So if anyone runs into this type of fan, it might be worth taking a minute and letting them know his background and what he did this season for the team.

Reaction Score
This really sucks. No good deed goes unpunished. Class act kid, all the best and a quick and complete recovery!

Reaction Score
Raises question in my mind as to why an x-ray wasn't taken immediately following the injury, or during the next days when pain didn't dissipate. If reporting was true that Bradley participated in 1 mile walk, and practice for a few days following reported ankle twist, how much damage did that contribute??

Reaction Score
noticed this as well. was kinda p.o.'ed, but then again, i was in line next to students who didn't even know AD, DD, and RB were new players either!

There are fans and then there are fanatics. I wish I was the former then I wouldn't spend hours a day following a college basketball team. My barber is a proclaimed UConn bball lover, has signed basketballs and all but didn't know Drummonds name (last week). :confused:

Bradley should have been esteemed but the MC could have forced the issue better by saying an intro, something like, "the ultimate sacrifice", "ultimate team player" etc. Let the kid smell his roses while he can, so disappointing.

Reaction Score
Yes! Where was the medical staff on this one. Shouldn't a X-Ray right from the get go be called for. Well too late now just wish him the best of luck recovering and too be back soon redshirt or not.

Reaction Score
I also was kind of disappointed he didn't get more of a hand. Hopefully he gets a huge ovation the minute he steps on the court at Gampel for the first time. I really do feel horrible for him though.
He didn't get a huge ovation, but I did notice that the cheers started slow but picked up a bit as it went on. Our section cheering pretty hard for him. I think some began to remember what he did (give up his ship) and started cheering harder. But yes, he should have received a much bigger ovation for his selfless gesture.

I hope it's a minor fracture and that he comes back quickly.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Given his strong academics, a red shirt year might be appealing to him. He could use the scholarship for a year towards grad school. I don't think he's projected as a pro, right?
Either way, it's unfortunate for him and UConn.

Reaction Score
Calhoun is known for loyalty. He will take care Bradley. My best wishes for a speedy recovery and great season.

Reaction Score
He cannot redshirt another year. The NCAA rules dictate that you have 4 years of eligibility within 5 years of when you begin school and become an eligible NCAA participant. Even though he redshirted last year, his 5 year clock started.

Reaction Score
He cannot redshirt another year. The NCAA rules dictate that you have 4 years of eligibility within 5 years of when you begin school and become an eligible NCAA participant. Even though he redshirted last year, his 5 year clock started.

I think a medical redshirt is an exception to the rule. I know the NCAA is ridiculous, but they shouldn't take a year of eligibility away from a student who gets hurt.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I thought the NCAA sometimes makes exceptions to the five year rule for special cases such as an injury that takes away a season.

I also wonder who missed the boat on not taking an xray or followup if the pain persisted. He needs corrective surgery and you wonder if that could have been avoided if the diagnosis of the break was caught earlier.

I can't imagine the pain this kid had to endure riding the stationary bike in first practice.

Joobie

Bookie
Reaction Score
I feel bad. That poor kid just can't seem to catch a break (except for the one in his ankle :)

Reaction Score
If the timetable holds true and he's able to get back on the court by December I don't see why he would want to redshirt. Its gonna take him awhile to catchup to speed but its not like he would be coming in halfway through the season. He's already had to sit out one year and stated how he was itching to play, I doubt he wants to do another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom