brodie and logan | The Boneyard

brodie and logan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
would really cap this great recruiting year the staff is having. where do we stand with these 2 guys??? i one in another thread said brodie was visiting this weekend as is the clemson kid. man oh man the recruiting/transfer class is as good as its ever been on paper. hope we got a shot at landing these guys! lville saturday! can't wait!

Reaction Score
Brodie is very high on Rutgers....but we still have a shot

I believe Logan's top three are Northwestern, Maryland and North Carolina State

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Two ACC schools isn't there a penalty transferring in conference even if he graduates. Where did you get the info that he is leaning towards those three schools? I have looked and have not seen that anywhere.,...

Brodie needs to look at who Rutgers has brought in already in this class and last years as well. UConn offers him a better opportunity imho.

Brodie is very high on Rutgers....but we still have a shot

I believe Logan's top three are Northwestern, Maryland and North Carolina State

Reaction Score
Espn recruiting section has said that Logan had scheduled visits to uconn and BC but has cancelled them as they weren't in his top 3.

Reaction Score
Two ACC schools isn't there a penalty transferring in conference even if he graduates. Where did you get the info that he is leaning towards those three schools? I have looked and have not seen that anywhere.,...

Brodie needs to look at who Rutgers has brought in already in this class and last years as well. UConn offers him a better opportunity imho.

Logan isn't the same kid as McNeal, who is the transfer from Clemson.

Reaction Score

There was a write up on the scout board on Logan's top three. Brodie is a slim possibility, there are a lot of folks close to him putting presssure on him to stay close to home. The Rutgers staff does a great job working with people close to recruits, familly members, friends, coaches, writers and other local recruits. They have a full court press out on Brodie, he's visiting Uconn this weekend and I think he likes our staff, we have a shot, but it will be hard for the young man with so many people in his ear.

Reaction Score
bigeastconf - you gotta good point... Any SERIOUSLY talented player in NJ gets hard pressed NOT to attend UCONN.. No offense to the NJ guys we have it's just that if a kid's a 4 or 5 star caliber kid they shun him away from UCONN... It's RU or elsewhere... Here's hoping Brodie has an outstanding visit this coming weekend and ends up committing after all...

DB Mike Dumas from FL is coming this weekend too... Gotta believe we have a really good shot at him as well... Wish Jevon Tyree was coming too (have not heard of him coming this weekend, just wishing he did)... He's a playmaker type we need on either side of the ball....

Reaction Score
You want to help recruiting in New Jersey. Win Saturday, and hope that Rutgers wins Saturday against Cincy.

Can you imagine the migration that will be made to the Rent from NJ on the the 26th if Rutgers is 4-2 and playing for the league championship and we're 3-2 and playing to have a game against Cincy for the league championship? Add in that it's Thanksgiving weekend, and most players, if their season isn't over, will have already played their game?

If we want to improve our recuriting in NJ, win Saturday. Because most every junior and undecided senior in the state will be calling us for tickets.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
just looked dumas up. nice list of offers, good to see that the staff can get him up here for a visit. his teammate diggs seems like a top top recruit. to bad hes not big on our offer.

logan-bummer we made his top5 but not top 3. well, there goes another Mass kid not going to BC. whats that now? like 10 of the top 12 kids not going to BC from MA and the 2 that are have no offers elsewhere? the staff is making great progress recruiting, hope we take over the new england feel now and start landing a higher % of MA kids. just imagine a recruit class that had 10 of the 20 top kids from new england. 5 nj/ny/pa kids and 8 fl/dc kids. that would be sick.

brodie- sounds like it might be hard to pass up on ruty. he is coming for a visit though so there has to be atleast some thought that ruty isn't automatic atleast. would be a great get.

mcneal- would be another solid transfer add this staff would have out of nowhere. kids gf went to uconn right?

tyree-going to go look him up now.

thanks for the updates guys. sounds like we have 20 commits this class with 4 transfers already and were still looking for guys. the staff is making quick work of the lack of depth randy had. were in good hands. probally going to see another round of transfers post season as the staff continues to weed kids out for there system. i wouldn't be suprised if this class was 25 full with 10ish coming in the spring plus 5 transfers being active for next season also. our O is going to look like a completely different next year!

Reaction Score
You want to help recruiting in New Jersey. Win Saturday, and hope that Rutgers wins Saturday against Cincy.

Can you imagine the migration that will be made to the Rent from NJ on the the 26th if Rutgers is 4-2 and playing for the league championship and we're 3-2 and playing to have a game against Cincy for the league championship? Add in that it's Thanksgiving weekend, and most players, if their season isn't over, will have already played their game?

If we want to improve our recuriting in NJ, win Saturday. Because most every junior and undecided senior in the state will be calling us for tickets.

I don't think we want Rutgers winning on Saturday, if they do, they may actually win the BE conference title and that would be a boon to Rutger's recruiting, which has been on the rise to begin with. We need to win and they need to lose. If we get a share in the conference crown, that will help us. What we need is a qb to step up.

Logan was high on Uconn until recently, I think our losses have not helped us, he wants to stay close to home and wants nothing to do wwith BCU. On that note, it is really shocking how bad BCU's recruiting has gotten, we complain that the top recruits in CT go elsewhere, but Uconn is typically in the mix with local recruits. BCU I think has landed 1 or 2 of the top ten talent in their state, we are kicking their ass right now.

On another note, recruit LB Sylva was quoted on rivals as a possible early enrollee, that would be great.

Reaction Score
just looked dumas up. nice list of offers, good to see that the staff can get him up here for a visit. his teammate diggs seems like a top top recruit. to bad hes not big on our offer.

logan-bummer we made his top5 but not top 3. well, there goes another Mass kid not going to BC. whats that now? like 10 of the top 12 kids not going to BC from MA and the 2 that are have no offers elsewhere? the staff is making great progress recruiting, hope we take over the new england feel now and start landing a higher % of MA kids. just imagine a recruit class that had 10 of the 20 top kids from new england. 5 nj/ny/pa kids and 8 fl/dc kids. that would be sick.

brodie- sounds like it might be hard to pass up on ruty. he is coming for a visit though so there has to be atleast some thought that ruty isn't automatic atleast. would be a great get.

mcneal- would be another solid transfer add this staff would have out of nowhere. kids gf went to uconn right?

tyree-going to go look him up now.

thanks for the updates guys. sounds like we have 20 commits this class with 4 transfers already and were still looking for guys. the staff is making quick work of the lack of depth randy had. were in good hands. probally going to see another round of transfers post season as the staff continues to weed kids out for there system. i wouldn't be suprised if this class was 25 full with 10ish coming in the spring plus 5 transfers being active for next season also. our O is going to look like a completely different next year!

Brodie may actually end up in the B10 or ACC, it wouldn't surprise me, I was just checking our roster and it seems as though there are a ton of new names on the roster, most likely walk ons. A lot of names no longer on the list. I was most concerned about the TE position until our recent JUCO commit, I'm thinking we'll get a JUCO qb.

Reaction Score
I don't think we want Rutgers winning on Saturday, if they do, they may actually win the BE conference title and that would be a boon to Rutger's recruiting, which has been on the rise to begin with. We need to win and they need to lose. If we get a share in the conference crown, that will help us. What we need is a qb to step up.

Logan was high on Uconn until recently, I think our losses have not helped us, he wants to stay close to home and wants nothing to do wwith BCU. On that note, it is really shocking how bad BCU's recruiting has gotten, we complain that the top recruits in CT go elsewhere, but Uconn is typically in the mix with local recruits. BCU I think has landed 1 or 2 of the top ten talent in their state, we are kicking their ass right now.

On another note, recruit LB Sylva was quoted on rivals as a possible early enrollee, that would be great.

I don't need Rutgers to lose Saturday. They are not going to win the Big East Conference this season because we are going to beat them at the Rent. I'd just like to do it in a big game with the entire tri-state area watching.

Reaction Score
I don't need Rutgers to lose Saturday. They are not going to win the Big East Conference this season because we are going to beat them at the Rent. I'd just like to do it in a big game with the entire tri-state area watching.

Trust me, they'll be watching anyway, whenever these two teams meet, it polarizes both fan bases. They never want to lose to Uconn, they consider us beneath them and are very bitter about our trip to the BCS and 2 BE titles. Last year they went 4-8, and the fact that they beat Uconn saved their season. There slogan was, hey we beat the BE champs, many of their fans hate all things Uconn.

I'm not going to even get into the NY market thing. I see Uconn as a threat to Rutgers now that Syracuse has departed the BE. Pitt is already reaping the benefits of future ACC membership, they are selling that to recruits and winning with it.

Reaction Score
Agree with all that. But if anyone doesn't think the game will be much more meaningful if they're playing for the Championship, and we're playing to be one game from the Championship, I don't know what to say. That would be the biggest home game we've had in the history of the Rent to date.

I want to see it. Badly.

Reaction Score
Agree with all that. But if anyone doesn't think the game will be much more meaningful if they're playing for the Championship, and we're playing to be one game from the Championship, I don't know what to say. That would be the biggest home game we've had in the history of the Rent to date.

I want to see it. Badly.

given our qb situation, I dread the though of having so much on the line

Reaction Score
There's word that BCU recruit Akeel Lynch is de-committing, he was big on Uconn, they list him at LB, but I think we were recruiting him at RB, with Dobbs in the fold, I think he goes elsewhere.

Reaction Score

I want to see it. Badly.
My RU buddy says that a discussion on their board predicts how many fans they would bring. General feeling is about 15K.

It would be the best atmosphere for a game with them to date!!

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Brodie may actually end up in the B10 or ACC, it wouldn't surprise me, I was just checking our roster and it seems as though there are a ton of new names on the roster, most likely walk ons. A lot of names no longer on the list. I was most concerned about the TE position until our recent JUCO commit, I'm thinking we'll get a JUCO qb.

There's word that BCU recruit Akeel Lynch is de-committing, he was big on Uconn, they list him at LB, but I think we were recruiting him at RB, with Dobbs in the fold, I think he goes elsewhere.

-i think if we do officially miss on logan and fuller(the NJ qb) we may offer a couple of milford acd kids at those 2 positions who are from ct.
-agree that this is a 2 qb class. been saying it for a long time now. i fear that if mccumings doesn't win the job in the spring he will leave because of casey/nebrich and any other recruit at qb. we need some depth and there are several local qbs with other bcs offers that we should be in on. i wonder why we never really looked at doyle(ma kid). anyway.
-lynch is like a fake commit to bc, its just a saftey for him from what i read. kid loves psu but i'm sure that stance changed somewhat recently. he visited there recently i think. also now some sec schools are in on him. he will elsewhere, new england is not for him. grades issues seem to be a hot rumor with him also i think.

U

UConn9604

Trust me, they'll be watching anyway, whenever these two teams meet, it polarizes both fan bases. They never want to lose to Uconn, they consider us beneath them and are very bitter about our trip to the BCS and 2 BE titles. Last year they went 4-8, and the fact that they beat Uconn saved their season. There slogan was, hey we beat the BE champs, many of their fans hate all things Uconn.

There's very little that has driven me more crazy as a sports fan (and I'm including Bill Buckner, Grady Little and Christian Laettner in the mix) than our inability to beat Rutgers over the last three seasons. I was at the 2008 game at Rutgers, when our special teams cost us the game (we lost 12-10 but missed 3 FGs and our KRs caused us to spend the entire 3rd quarter inside our own 20), and the 2009 game still ranks as one of the worst sports losses of my life (given the circumstances, our first home game after Jasper's passing, and the way we snatched defeat from the jaws of victory). The 2010 loss at RU ended up being largely harmless, but it marked the tipping point of the season with the loss of Cody and Erik the following week, and also cost us a Top 25 spot (I think we would have been there if we finished the season 9-3, even with the stinkers against Temple and Louisville).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom