Brockmire on IFC | The Boneyard

Brockmire on IFC

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I hope this is sustainable. First two episodes were seriously laugh out loud funny, which is a rarity.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Third episode also tremendous.

If you like baseball and comedy this is about as good as it gets.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Third episode also tremendous.

If you like baseball and comedy this is about as good as it gets.

...And Amana Peet. She's lost her Whole Nine Yards fastball, but she's developed into a pitcher instead of just a thrower.

(See what I did there?)

Reaction Score
Hank Azaria is so talented, his agent is not doing him justice.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Annoyed with IFC at the moment. I missed this week's episode, so signed up with IFC to view it. I have FIOS, but when I sign into IFC and then put in my FIOS logins, I keep getting sent back to, "you must sign in to view" over and over again.

Yes, I'm too cheap/principled to pay $1.99 for it when I'm supposed to get it for free.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Saw the first episode so far. I laughed. The fat players bit was funny. My wife just didn't get it.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The latest episode with Joe Buck is a pretty good comeback.

Reaction Score
I have seen all the great reviews this has gotten, I watched a few episodes and thought it was painfully bad. What am I missing?

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I have seen all the great reviews this has gotten, I watched a few episodes and thought it was painfully bad. What am I missing?

The first episode was hysterical, the second one very good. However, it gets more difficult and more painful to extend that premise with each successive week. There are moments, but too few and far between. Also hard to buy into Amanda Peet's character being into Brockmire for anything other than one drunken night.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
The first episode was hysterical, the second one very good. However, it gets more difficult and more painful to extend that premise with each successive week. There are moments, but too few and far between. Also hard to buy into Amanda Peet's character being into Brockmire for anything other than one drunken night.
But they have the same level of functional alcoholism.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I believe E8 was the season finale. If so, this season went out on a high note. After E1, this was probably the 2nd best episode of the season.

I hope the dude in the untidy whities made bank on that role. I see gifs in his future.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Just got in to this a few days ago flying from Atlanta to Salt Lake City. Caught episodes 1-4 on the flight, currently watching the rest of season 1.

There's some real good stuff in there.

Agreed that this doesn't have legs to go more than 2-3 years. No matter how far they go in to the small town gal against the big oil company plot, eventually they have to jump the shark.

Favorite part for me was Brockmire recalling the hooker and the blow in the bathroom and the kid asks was he on the john or ON the john.

CL82

Reaction Score
Brockmire is back on! First episode was pretty good. I find this show hysterical.

CL82

Reaction Score
So time for my annual post: Anyone watching this? They took a big risk having him sober up, but it is working.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
So time for my annual post: Anyone watching this? They took a big risk having him sober up, but it is working.

Brockmire streams on Hulu and I just caught all the way up to the end of season 3. I think drunk Brockmire sort of ran its course and sober Brockmire is quite refreshing.

Season 4 premiers in mid-March. All sorts of twists and turns where this can go. Does (More to the point: When does) Brockmire relapse? Do we ever see Charles again? Does Jules really marry George Brett? Does Art Newlie go full InfoWars?

FYI: Season 4 is it for this thoroughly enjoyable series.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom