Broadcaster in the UConn huddle | The Boneyard

Broadcaster in the UConn huddle

Reaction Score
Anybody ever see this happen before? It was kind of an awkward moment during the ECU game.

40 seconds left in the game and a timeout was called and the color commentator decided to join UConn's huddle. Didn't seem like he had any prior approval because you see Tripp pointing at him like who is this and then Kimani grabs him and was about to throw him out until Hurley okayed it.

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
That guy wants to coach again so bad it was obvious.

Reaction Score
If it was a one possession game I think Hurley might have "politely" asked him to take a hike.

Reaction Score
He also wants coaches to vote in the last 4 teams in the tournament. Weirdo.
Yeah that whole idea was bizarro.......... how would that logistically happen when conference tournies are being played on selection Sunday that could impact the at-large field.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yeah that whole idea was bizarro......have all division 1 coaches vote on the last 4 in? How would that logistically happen when you conference tournies being played up until selection Sunday that could impact the at-large field.
Let alone thinking that coaches even have the time to form educated opinions on all of these teams. They’re kind of busy during the season.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Anybody ever see this happen before? It was kind of an awkward moment during the ECU game.

40 seconds left in the game and a timeout was called and the color commentator decided to join UConn's huddle. Didn't seem like he had any prior approval because you see Tripp pointing at him like who is this and then Kimani grabs him and was about to throw him out until Hurley okayed it.

Welcome to the AAC brother.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
I liked the guy he was passionate and every UConn game he's done he's had a lot of positive things to say about our program. It was awkward but pretty cool on his end, it shows the respect he has for Dan Hurley.

Agreed. I remember Mark Adams interviewing Jalen after a game, and was funny. He was like "we must be related - Adams last name".

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Did he hear them talk about free throw techniques?

I thought it was pretty weird but give the guy credit for having the nads to do so

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
He also wants coaches to vote on the last 4 teams in the tournament. Weirdo.
But I like how he set it up. Coaches are always bitching about the last four spots, let them make the call then shut up about it.

Reaction Score
Smdh Smdh....that is definitely not the norm in any level of sports. You wouldn’t see JVG or Mike Breen do that in the pros. Not even Hubie Brown and he’s been around for a hundred yrs and knows everybody in the league.....so weird to witness.

Reaction Score
I liked the guy he was passionate and every UConn game he's done he's had a lot of positive things to say about our program. It was awkward but pretty cool on his end, it shows the respect he has for Dan Hurley.
Good call. He may not be Francesca or dick to duke but it would be nice to have a UConn zealot commentator. Wish some more alums would be as vocal as Kenny and chuck on tnt with school pride. The best we’ve had outside of Ray is Dre “flunking “ on jimmy kimmel.

Reaction Score
He's a bit wacky but he clearly loves UConn and Hurley. He would fit in beautifully here.
Mark Adams was the head coach at CCSU in the 90’s so hes obviously familiar with CT and the UConn program. IIRC, he was coaching at Central when we played them and destroyed them by about 60 back in 1995 or 1996.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
It took some balls and I give Adam's credit for that. I think it was classy on Hurley's part to allow that. Good thing Adam's didn't trip ala Shaq racing Kenny to the screen on Inside the NBA.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
He also wants coaches to vote on the last 4 teams in the tournament. Weirdo.
That is one of the worst ideas I have ever heard.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom