Bro Code…..don’t text about the game | The Boneyard

Bro Code…..don’t text about the game

Reaction Score
….unless you’re sure the person watched it. I like to DVR the games and watch them soon afterwards. Happened once before with a friend and asked him not to mention it. He did it again. Just ask the person if they watched the game at least before saying anything. Isn’t it Bro Code by now not to mention the game or at least ask if the person did? I try not to look at my phone soon after games but it’s hard. Might have to shutoff the phone altogether. Ruined tonight’s game for me. At least they won. Ahhhhh, Saturday will be here before you know it.

Reaction Score
….unless you’re sure the person watched it. I like to DVR the games and watch them soon afterwards. Happened once before with a friend and asked him not to mention it. He did it again. Just ask the person if they watched the game at least before saying anything. Isn’t it Bro Code by now not to mention the game or at least ask if the person did? I try not to look at my phone soon after games but it’s hard. Might have to shutoff the phone altogether. Ruined tonight’s game for me. At least they won. Ahhhhh, Saturday will be here before you know it.
Yeah….. I assume my friends watched the live game…. Live

Reaction Score
People who never have to watch on delay tend to assume everyone else has the same situation. Ultimately I just had to go dark on game days where I can't watch live, because there's always gonna be at least one person spoiling things.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Takes some discipline on your part. I know when I am watching a game tape delayed not to look at anything that may give away the score.

Different story if you specifically tell someone you are watching the game delayed and they send you info about it. Of course, you do have the option to just not look at your phone or messages from that person.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
My wife is a notorious offender here. Fortunately, it is seldom that so don’t watch live.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
I assume your bro thought you were a huskies fan watching a big game.

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
Not sure it's Bro Code but more like Game Courtesy?

The few people I chat sports with via text all know better than to straight talk about a game without some kind of probing question to determine whether it's been watched - "did you finish yet?!" I think we figured this out like a decade ago...

I tend to watch with a 30m delay or so (skip commercials/halftime and go live with ~5m to go typically) and will flip my phone over at the half if needed so I don't see any messages just in case.

Reaction Score
I didn't start the game until 1 AM, that's on you to not look at your phone and spoil anything

Reaction Score
Maybe I've been spoiled with my friends, before we send each other anything about the game we start with "Are you watching?" and "what time are you at?"

Spoilers are the worst

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
There’s no bro code for that . That’s all on you to avoid alerts.
No. It's definitely bro code. Especially for parents and those who know others in their fan circle have kids.

I can control my alerts from 3rd party apps like CBS, FOX, Google and Twitter, but texts from friends are out of the receiver's control. Dare I say the true test of friendship is the consideration of the "Live or Tape delay?" text before tipoff or kickoff. After all, We are not animals.

At this point, I watch so many games off my DVR that unless I am at the game with my buddies, they pretty much assume it's being recorded.

Reaction Score
I’ll usually alert the people I’m in close contact with to let them know I’m on delay. Group chats another story

Reaction Score
I usually go over the top and tear into anyone that has done this. That usually keeps them from doing it again.

Reaction Score
I’ll usually alert the people I’m in close contact with to let them know I’m on delay. Group chats another story
Yeah and then random people who you don't talk sports with decide their gonna randomly text the one sports fan they know...

I got a text from my boss last night while at the game. Don't text me. You don't need to know where I'm at in the arena or what my level of alcohol consumption may or may not be.

Reaction Score
If you mentioned it previously and they do it again yes it's a violation.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Maybe I’m weird. I had to watch the ‘Nova game delayed by about 3 hours, but I checked the final score and stats before doing so. Doesn’t bother me to know the outcome, I’ll enjoy watching anyway. And I did. If it’s a win I focus on the plus plays and also areas for improvement, and see how the opponent plays us. If it’s a loss I want to know how it went down.

Reaction Score
Maybe I’m weird. I had to watch the ‘Nova game delayed by about 3 hours, but I checked the final score and stats before doing so. Doesn’t bother me to know the outcome, I’ll enjoy watching anyway. And I did. If it’s a win I focus on the plus plays and also areas for improvement, and see how the opponent plays us. If it’s a loss I want to know how it went down.
Yeah you're weird. Why not ignore everything and just watch on your own time. If you don't know the results you'll still get to enjoy your natural emotional response to the game as it it were live.

Reaction Score
1672499819592.gif

From the eye test, seems like it’s a split camp. Will be DVRing the game to skip the commercials and halftime to start watching it at 1:00. Going on radio silence today from 12:00-2:30.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom