Brittney Griner blog from Italy | The Boneyard

Brittney Griner blog from Italy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It may even provide some insight as to why Ms Griner has not participated in USA Basketball prior to this. Having now dipped her foot into the water, we will have her in the post for many years to come.

Real Italian pizza? Any pizza parlor in within 60 miles of NYC. I cannot speak for CT, but know that pizza as we know it here in America originated in New Haven. Understandably, though, away from NYC, it is not easy to find really, really good pizza.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Now, THAT is what I call a blog entry... BG, keepin it real :D Very entertaining!

Too many hilarious bits to count. She obviously has a somewhat .... "sheltered/provincial" view of the world so far, as many other young people in this country do, so I'm very glad she's getting a chance to broaden her horizons! And that part about the bidet .... priceless :cool:

Oh - I did also notice that they all flew first-class .... NICE. And while a luxury, it's much closer to a necessity for some of the taller folks, especially BG. Either way, I'm not much of a populist so I'm very glad that they get to ride--and bunk--in style.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Greetings from Wyoming, just stuck my periscope out to check the Boneyard. Tiff's blog: What a hoot!

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
It's too bad that Griner's first impression of Italy is Napoli. If a boot can have an armpit, it is Naples. While they've come a long way since the days when you could smell the Bay of Napoli before you could see it, Naples remains unrepresentative of the country.

I got a kick from Griner's comments about everyone speaking different languages. I remember my wife's first visit to Quebec City. Our waitress, and everyone around us, was speaking French and my wife commented that "it's almost as if we're in a foreign country."

I have long contended that the best pizza in the world can be found in the narrow strip between Boston and Philadelphia with it's center being New York/New Haven. However, I recently had a most excellent pizza in, of all places, a resort hotel in Las Vegas.

Reaction Score
It may even provide some insight as to why Ms Griner has not participated in USA Basketball prior to this. Having now dipped her foot into the water, we will have her in the post for many years to come.

Real Italian pizza? Any pizza parlor in within 60 miles of NYC. I cannot speak for CT, but know that pizza as we know it here in America originated in New Haven. Understandably, though, away from NYC, it is not easy to find really, really good pizza.

Reaction Score
You are correct on the pizza!
The pizza I had in Italy was a small piece of tough dough with watered down tomato sauce on it.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
As I have noted before the best pizza I have ever had was in Sorrento. Fresh ingrediants including fresh herbs, mozzeralla slices, sundried tomatoes, and local pepperoni all on a thin crust that was fantastico.

Reaction Score
As I have noted before the best pizza I have ever had was in Sorrento. Fresh ingrediants including fresh herbs, mozzeralla slices, sundried tomatoes, and local pepperoni all on a thin crust that was fantastico.
Just by looking at your picture I would guess you might like some seal meat on that Pizza as well :)

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
Now, THAT is what I call a blog entry... BG, keepin it real :D Very entertaining!

Too many hilarious bits to count. She obviously has a somewhat .... "sheltered/provincial" view of the world so far, as many other young people in this country do, so I'm very glad she's getting a chance to broaden her horizons! And that part about the bidet .... priceless :cool:
LOL...As I read Brit's blog I couldn't help but think of a classic quote from a young Shaquille O'Neal. Team USA (Dream Team 2.0) was doing a similar European tune-up tour and visited Greece during their travels. Upon returning stateside, a reporter asked Shaq if he had a chance to visit the Parthenon while in Athens. Shaq's response..."I don't know. I can't really remember the names of the clubs that we went to." :)

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Just by looking at your picture I would guess you might like some seal meat on that Pizza as well :)
Not necessarily, but I have been known to enjoy a Harp with my pizza.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom