Bring "Truth In Advertising" to BBall Conferences | The Boneyard

Bring "Truth In Advertising" to BBall Conferences

Status
Not open for further replies.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
While reading about the pending demise of the BE conference, and while reading about the upsurge in probabilities that UConn might go to the ACC, or Kansas might come to teh BE, of something , or something....

And while there were lamentations about the probability that MSG is draped in black crepe in early march in commemoration of the death of the BET.....

I began to ponder the impacts of the style of play that a conference begets as its hallmark....and I began to wonder about the "fit" of all of these teams into their respective new leagues.

And the I pondered that Pitt could never have a bench deep enough to compensate for all the players who foul out in the first half of their games against Dook, twice or three times a year....etc, etc....

Which brought me to the consider the "signature" aspects of certain leagues.....and the sorts of games that they play and the "points of emphasis" that are flowed to their officials....

Should these re-manufactured leagues be re-named in accordance with the style of play that they foster?

Maybe a tag line? (The Big East - "Don't go home crying to your mom that they play defense""....The ACC - "Where falling over backwards is a substitute for defense".....The Big 12 - If you promise to only shoot from 3, we promise not to defend you out there" The Pac-10 - No....we really aren't that good....but no one watches the east coast games,,,,so we really pretend not to notice)

Anyway....

Anyone else have any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member