Bring back WTIC; 97.9 is all Spanish for me | The Boneyard

Bring back WTIC; 97.9 is all Spanish for me

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
and i don't speak it well enough...

so, i live IN ct and can't seem to get the games on the radio ... (or the SNY games live -- on delay yes, thankfully, so far) ...

what's with that! i'm near new haven, but as far as i know, huskies women ain't available on radio ...

... hope someone can tell me i'm misguided

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
and i don't speak it well enough...

so, i live IN ct and can't seem to get the games on the radio ... (or the SNY games live -- on delay yes, thankfully, so far) ...

what's with that! i'm near new haven, but as far as i know, huskies women ain't available on radio ...

... hope someone can tell me i'm misguided

I listened to all 3 Paradise Jam games via live stream on the Internet over the weekend through ESPN 97.9 Hartford. I'm in California. If I can get the games via the net, you should too.

If you can't access 97.9, try ESPN Radio 1300 - New Haven's Sport Station, or WAVZ 1300 AM.

1543271299100.png

Note - Replay of all 3 games from the Virgin Islands were posted here in the yard within a couple of hours after the final horn. You should be able to enjoy the games one way or another. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
are u talking via the internet or off the airwaves? i'm referring to airwaves. i've tried 1300 and 97.9 ON MY RADIO and don't get the Huskies. thanks anyway

in have been able to see the replays via the BY. great service!

Reaction Score
I listened to all 3 Paradise Jam games via live stream on the Internet over the weekend through ESPN 97.9 Hartford. I'm in California. If I can get the games via the net, you should too.

If you can't access 97.9, try ESPN Radio 1300 - New Haven's Sport Station, or WAVZ 1300 AM.

View attachment 36755

Note - All 3 games from the Virgin Islands were posted here in the yard within a couple of hours after the final horn. You should be able to enjoy the games one way or another. :)
Scoop, me too. Way down south in Va I listened to the games. They were great. My hearing is miserable but I heard much of it. I was impressed by the play by play. I'm usually asking---What did he say, but not this crew. If I can get them during the TV games it will be internet voice TV video..

Reaction Score
I get the men and women now clear as a bell using the internet's "Tune-in Radio" app. It's free and the only way to get decent reception here in Orange (near New Haven). The 97.9 here in New Haven is a Spanish speaking station. UConn's 97.9 only works in the greater Hartford area. Because of a delay in the radio broadcast, I found that I can pause the TV and sync the radio broadcast to the TV. I found all this out by complaining to the athletic department after the first road game and they hooked me up via email with Bob Joyce who clued me in. Bottom line...............get the tunein radio app.

Reaction Score
I'm in Ct. THE FM STATION DID NOT COME IN. The 1300 came and went. Sad they discontinued WTIC.

Reaction Score
Tune-in radio beats WTIC hands down. It's a strong steady signal!

Reaction Score
FYI. I listen to UConn games using my Amazon Echo or Amazon Dot which included the iTunes Channel for "UConn IMG Sports Network".

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
Tune-in radio beats WTIC hands down. It's a strong steady signal!
that's only available via the internet, no?

anything on good old-fashioned radio? not ALL of us have "devices"

Reaction Score
I’m in the New Haven area and the Virgin Island games came in pretty clearly on regular radio at 1300 AM.

Reaction Score
I’m in the New Haven area and the Virgin Island games came in pretty clearly on regular radio at 1300 AM.
Signal all the way from the Virgin Islands? Wow!
Oh, wait....
Never mind.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom