Brimah | The Boneyard

Brimah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Seems to me that the only things holding him back are foul trouble and he needs to gain weight. His instincts are awesome for somebody so new to the game, he never brings the ball down which some big man still do after playing 15 years.

Reaction Score
18 minutes, 6 points, 5 boards but I saw confidence tonight. If he could stay out there it seems like he's starting to figure this out.

I thought more importantly Amida, together with Nolan and Olander (and Daniels too), limited Goodwin and Nichols to a combined total of 7 rebounds... that stat speaks volumes in terms of the front court's progression... I like how the team is shaping up and can't wait for saturday!

Reaction Score
Seems to me that the only things holding him back are foul trouble and he needs to gain weight. His instincts are awesome for somebody so new to the game, he never brings the ball down which some big man still do after playing 15 years.

Amida's a force. The game is different when he's in. I'm sure he'll have a couple clunkers as part of the learning curve, but I think the kid will be a beast by March - for 20 minutes a game anyway.

Nolan is a solid complement. He had some good picks tonight and isn't afraid to bang. Needs to be more aggressive going after rebounds and, most importantly, cutting down fouls. But I think he'll be very solid come March.

Add in DD exerting himself down low like he did tonight and we could well end up having an interior advantage come tourney time. Go figure.

Reaction Score
The kid gets the worst freaking whistle I've ever seen. The fourth foul on the inbounds play underneath the hoop was atrocious. I see no discernible standard for when a foul's going to be called this year. The charge call on DeAndre when he was posting up involved no more contact than every single post move Goodwin made. It seems entirely arbitrary and, if anything, the skinny kids get victimized.

Reaction Score
Look what this man does for this team.. whether it's blocks and boards, fouls , or ENERGY on the bench. Look at the enthusiasm. Kid loves Uconn and looks grateful for the opportunity he's been given, couldn't ask for a better young man to be on this team.. touche ollie.. happy with this pleasant surprise.

Reaction Score
He sure has the ability but lacks basketball IQ. It will come as he practices and plays more at this level. A really good big man camp in the off season would help a raw player with his enthusiasm and desire. It is going to be fun watching his development.

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
I remember watching the uconn Louisville game here in kentucky with all cards fans and loving seeing hasheem blocking them, I watched tonight's game with all cards fans and everyone of them said he's"amida" gonna be like dang and hasheem mixed in one in a couple years.my reply was I can't wait!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom