Brimah will determine how far UConn goes | The Boneyard

Brimah will determine how far UConn goes

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
I don't necessarily think Brimah determines how far we go. It's up to Hamilton and Adams. We need consistent scoring and playmaking, and those 2 are our best at it. If Brimah doesn't pick up early fouls and blocks a few shots then he's done his job.

Reaction Score
I think Miller's availability is more important. I like what KO did in the Memphis game putting Nolan in early and often for Brimah and Facey in for Miller to absorb some of the fouls that the zebras always give UConn. If we can get to the 10 minute mark of the second half with Brimah and Miller having no more than 2 fouls each, I feel good about UConn's chances.

Reaction Score
Without brimah this game becomes much more difficult and more than likely a loss. Need I remind AB saving uconns arse when Facey /Nolan had no shot guarding Ellis? he's one of the best players on the team playing his best basketball .

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
4672ba0451c16334880f6a70670092c7.jpg

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
NCAA's are determined by guard play. Yes Jake & Emeka were instrumental in earlier runs, but Tyler has two rings and Phil another, so guards, yeah guards.

Reaction Score
For me, the x-factor is 3-point shooting. Calhoun/Gibbs tandem will be the x-factor if that makes sense. When they're hot, we're usually winning.

Reaction Score
When he plays well, Brimah makes UConn a MUCH better team. He is an "X" factor.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
For me, the x-factor is 3-point shooting. Calhoun/Gibbs tandem will be the x-factor if that makes sense. When they're hot, we're usually winning.

As a team all year, when we've had good flow on offense, we've gotten open 3s and usually made a good percentage of them. That's the key for me.

Reaction Score
Brimah needs to get the rebound make the putback and hit his foul shot.

Reaction Score
If Brimah can neutralize Scott, that bodes well for us. Scott is all paint, and CU is all Scott. He stepped up his D big time! Just please no fouls in the first 2.

If we play this weekend, I'd love to see Omar become the Ricky Moore. But ultimately it all comes down to Daniel hitting his j's and eliminating the boneheadiness like he did in the AAC tourney.

Reaction Score
If Brimah can neutralize Scott, that bodes well for us. Scott is all paint, and CU is all Scott. He stepped up his D big time! Just please no fouls in the first 2.

If we play this weekend, I'd love to see Omar become the Ricky Moore. But ultimately it all comes down to Daniel hitting his j's and eliminating the boneheadiness like he did in the AAC tourney.

When he plays well, Brimah makes UConn a MUCH better team. He is an "X" factor.

Every player is an "X" factor. If Pruvis makes 5-8 from 3 and doesn't turn it over we're better. If Adams plays the PG and gets Gibbs 5 open 3 looks and he makes 3 they are both X factor. This team does not have an X factor although when AB plays like he did against SMU we're a lot better. But that happened once so let's not get greedy.

Reaction Score
Every player is an "X" factor. If Pruvis makes 5-8 from 3 and doesn't turn it over we're better. If Adams plays the PG and gets Gibbs 5 open 3 looks and he makes 3 they are both X factor. This team does not have an X factor although when AB plays like he did against SMU we're a lot better. But that happened once so let's not get greedy.

I like the cut of your jib, and I agree, we've got something of a swiss army knife this season in that we have 5 guys who could in all likelihood put up 20+ points in a game. If we have a few guys play well offensively, we play our standard stingy D, and we keep the fouls low, I like our odds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom