Brimah Needs the Ball | The Boneyard

Brimah Needs the Ball

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don't think they can keep this up by relying on Purvis and Boatwright. Guy needs touches.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Ollie's biggest failure this season is not encouraging Brimah to take the jumper and not running plays to get Brimah a clean look for his jumper,
Instead he keeps coaching Brimah as though he is the next Wilt. Until Brimah gains 2olbs, this is a mistake.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
In the first half, he had a homeless-man's Dream Shake basket. I was floored.

Of all the shots, THAT one went in.

Reaction Score
Brimah does need the ball but first act like he wants it by rebounding. We certainly miss a lot of shots, so the opportunities are their for him.

I would prefer 8 put back points to 12 points off assists.

Reaction Score
I guess my question to everyone is how often can you give it to a guy who can't pass it back out and isn't strong enough to get his jump hook off clean most of the time? I agree he can face up shoot the ball but running plays for that is tough, he doesn't move like that.

Let it go, he didn't have a good game but made some big blocks down the stretch, that's what he is.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
I don't think they can keep this up by relying on Purvis and Boatwright. Guy needs touches.
Three times in the second half they fed Brimah in the post. All three times he put up an awful contested shot when he should have kicked it out. I agree he needs touches to move the defense but I don't necessarily know that he needs more shots.

AstarIsBorn31

Underrated Poster
Reaction Score
Brimah does seem capable of knocking down some close jumpers but never catches the ball there... In the post unless he is right under the hoop I am not confident throwing him the ball yet.. He hasnt been able to back down or take body contact ...He always flails and fades when he is in the post with contact

Reaction Score
Ollie's biggest failure this season is not encouraging Brimah to take the jumper and not running plays to get Brimah a clean look for his jumper,
Instead he keeps coaching Brimah as though he is the next Wilt. Until Brimah gains 2olbs, this is a mistake.
I agree on this, Brimah should be taking at least 4 jumpers a game IMO, a few extra jumpers for him can't be any worse than the DHam floaters/leaners that come up a foot short 90% of the time. But given Brimah's comments about big men shooting jumpers being "soft" some of it is probably on him. He needs to lose that mentality because his jumpers look much better than his hook shots.

It also doesn't help that our guards doing a poor job of feeding the post, too many times Brimah is forced to move from his spot and retrieve the ball because the entry pass was too wide.

Reaction Score
I think you try and post him up early, like the first play if possible. Get him 2 shots in the first 5 minutes if possible. If he makes them, I think it opens up scoring more for the whole team. I'd also like to see with both Amida and Nolan some pick and pops. I think Amida can knock down that mid range jump shot at a good clip. Instead of pick and roll to the basket for the oop which the opposing teams are all expecting now, run a pick and pop.

Kinda late in the year to be trying new things now, but I wish we saw more of that during the season. I'd still like to see it now in the first possession or 2 just to see if we can get him going and change the dynamics of the game a bit.

Reaction Score
I agree on this, Brimah should be taking at least 4 jumpers a game IMO, a few extra jumpers for him can't be any worse than the DHam floaters/leaners that come up a foot short 90% of the time. But given Brimah's comments about big men shooting jumpers being "soft" some of it is probably on him. He needs to lose that mentality because his jumpers look much better than his hook shots.

It also doesn't help that our guards doing a poor job of feeding the post, too many times Brimah is forced to move from his spot and retrieve the ball because the entry pass was too wide.

There is some fact to this but he's not easy to pass to either. He's not like a big guy who gets his space and the passer can see where to deliver it in regards to where his strong side is. Brimah is always getting pushed and moved from where he wants to be making it tough to find the best place to throw it plus the fact his hands aren't solid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom