Brimah is starting to remind me a little of MJ | The Boneyard

Brimah is starting to remind me a little of MJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
By MJ I don't mean Michael Jordan. I mean Marcus Johnson. Both guys were incredibly exciting to watch but only really excelled at one thing - Brimah at shot blocking and Johnson at... well, dunking. On the plus side, both were guys who seemed to energize their teammates while on the court.
Despite this, it's my hope (and probably a reasonable assumption, given that Brimah is still a freshman and didn't play basketball until 4 years ago) that AB can break out of the one-trick-pony mold and develop more of an all around game in his time at UConn.

Reaction Score
Not to derail the thread, but wasn't sure this deserved its own ... anywho, Borges just tweeted that Olander is working with the first team. AB may have a future, but it looks like TO will get an opportunity tomorrow.

Reaction Score
Not to derail the thread, but wasn't sure this deserved its own ... anywho, Borges just tweeted that Olander is working with the first team. AB may have a future, but it looks like TO will get an opportunity tomorrow.
Was wondering how to fit that in myself. Hopefully we'll get some decent minutes from the 5 spot tomorrow.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
BarkingDog said:

I really think that is the right move. TO won't save the world but he'll give you solid minutes and starting might boost him back up a little. Plus Nolan and Brimah can work in smaller game sections and try to be positive forces without worrying about the 2 fouls each always picked up before the first tv timeout.
Tyler is BY FAR our best option at the 5 when it comes to running offense against zones. A good passer who can solidly reverse the ball.

Reaction Score
I guess expectations will not be tempered anytime soon.

I see no one right now comparable to AB unless you look at a decent 7 foot high schooler. I'm not insulting him but its obvious he has a way to go. He may get there and he may not, but can we please let him develop some more before we compare him to skilled players.

Last edited:

pj

Reaction Score
I don't see the parallel between an injury-plagued small forward and an inexperienced but very talented 7-footer.

Reaction Score
Sigh..Brimah's been playing basketball for like 3-4 years. He was ranked outside of the top 100. He wasn't brought in to be a savior. He showed some big flashes early and expectations got high. Now he's come back to earth. He is what he is right now - incredibly raw, a great weakside shot blocker, but not a strong post 1:1 defender and not a very good rebounder for his size. But..he will improve. He has a high motor. You can tell he enjoys playing. I think he will make huge strides this summer for NEXT season, but we won't get too much from him this year but some spurts of great shot blocking. That is still a useful trait, but no, he can't anchor the middle playing 30 minutes a game. Not yet at least.. And, I did enjoy Marcus Johnson dunk for a few years, but he was incredibly frustrating as well. Put up some big time numbers at USC after he transferred. Enjoyed the flashback at least.

Reaction Score
I think the spelling and grammar were pretty good but I would probably rate the idea for the thread in the low D range.

Reactions: pj
Reaction Score
Does not matter if TO starts...he is bound to pick up two fouls within the first 90 seconds and get the auto sub from the bench....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ranon

Top Bottom