Brimah & Hamilton | The Boneyard

Brimah & Hamilton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23, ‘24
Reaction Score
They both played fantastic and will be the cornerstones of our program for the next two years. I just wish Boat showed up tonight and we would have won by double digits.

But I'm excited about our core of young players going forward. I'm not going to post about tonight's game because it doesn't matter at this point. All that matters is the development of our young guys so we can win the AAC tourney and set the program up for real, competitive UConn basketball in the coming years.

It's a transition period into a new era of UConn basketball, so keep rooting for guys like Brimah and Hamilton to develop and lead us into the new era. We're going to need them.

Reaction Score
They both played fantastic and will be the cornerstones of our program for the next two years. I just wish Boat showed up tonight and we would have won by double digits.

But I'm excited about our core of young players going forward. I'm not going to post about tonight's game because it doesn't matter at this point. All that matters is the development of our young guys so we can win the AAC tourney and set the program up for real, competitive UConn basketball in the coming years.

It's a transition period into a new era of UConn basketball, so keep rooting for guys like Brimah and Hamilton to develop and lead us into the new era. We're going to need them.
I believe we will be better next year but I dont know how purvis fits in, i have a hunch that he is a cancer to the team in a way.

Reaction Score

Not sure Dham will be here the year after next if he improves like most on the board think he will. Next year he will be in the leader role.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23, ‘24
Reaction Score
I believe we will be better next year but I dont know how purvis fits in, i have a hunch that he is a cancer to the team in a way.
I've quit trying to predict Rodney Purvis. He's very inconsistent but has so much potential. We'll see in the coming years.

Reaction Score
Purvis will be fine when he gets rid of the contacts and gets LASIK.

Reaction Score

Were you calling him a cancer at the end of the Tulane game? No. Frequent mindless play, yes. Kid has potential to be a nice supporting player if he let's the game come to him

Reaction Score

Great post.

Something to keep in mind is the Kenpom Luck Rating. We're down at No. 327, which feels about right since we're 0-5 in one-possession & overtime games.

Last year we were No. 22 by the same metric, which leads me to this: it's not luck, it's experience. Missed free-throws, tough rebounds, clutch defensive stops, fewer turnovers.

We'll be better across the board next year (though still not great). And hey, at least we're not Florida.

Reaction Score
Please, master, enlighten us with regards to your intuitive diagnosis of team cancer.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

Do you duck*ing know the guy? Or do you just judge the quality of his character on missed free throws?

A cancer to the team is a guy with a bad attitude who rubs his teammates the wrong way, causing their dislike of him to impact the team's play on the court. It is not a guy who steps out of bounds too much or has an unpredictable shot selection. The only people genuinely angry with him aren't his teammates; they're BY posters.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I wonder if ever-fittingly-named Smart One saw that cancer of a team mate run off the bench, risking suspension, to protect his captain in a hostile situation.

The wiseguy probably thinks that doing so makes Purvis a loose cannon and uncontrollable...or some BS like that.

Reaction Score
The wiseguy probably thinks that doing so makes Purvis a loose cannon and uncontrollable...or some BS like that.
I'd really just love to listen in on the thought process of some internet moron as they construct a post of beauty like that.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
The reason DHam and Brimah had the great game is that Memphis was tripling Boat. It was nice to seem
DHam step up and show he can be the man,
It is scary that Memphis left Calhoun, Pervis, Facey, TSam and Nolan unguarded, thinking that none of them would step up. They didn't.
So, Memphis was right.,

Reaction Score
The reason DHam and Brimah had the great game is that Memphis was tripling Boat. It was nice to seem
DHam step up and show he can be the man,
It is scary that Memphis left Calhoun, Pervis, Facey, TSam and Nolan unguarded, thinking that none of them would step up. They didn't.
So, Memphis was right.,
Its that simple. This season, the lack of success, boils down to one thing.........................0 production from the Purvis/Calhoun spot. The few times one of these two contribute a decent +/-, we win. The many times they don't, we lose. All season, we have had very little from the 2 and 4 spot. Can't win many games 5 on 3, sometimes 5 on 2.5.

Reaction Score
I've quit trying to predict Rodney Purvis. He's very inconsistent but has so much potential. We'll see in the coming years.
Ray Charles can see he's an inside out scorer... his ability to get to the rim is his strength... He can open up his outside game so much more if he drove to the basket..

Reaction Score
and Phil Nolan ... smh... what needs to happen for him is he needs to stay in the gym a little longer with a walk on to work on his ability to make a layup with contact on him in the paint.. he just loses all sense of coordination when he gets the ball down there..

in fact the ENTIRE frontline should work on their scoring skills in the paint.. work on put backs.. We leave way too many points down there.. Facey, Nolan, Lubin, Brimah... Need to make the easy ones... one of the reasons why we've lost 4 games we should not have... it's not all on The Boat Show... Memphis had a few spies on him all night... very long ones..

Reaction Score
Its that simple. This season, the lack of success, boils down to one thing.....0 production from the Purvis/Calhoun spot. The few times one of these two contribute a decent +/-, we win. The many times they don't, we lose. All season, we have had very little from the 2 and 4 spot. Can't win many games 5 on 3, sometimes 5 on 2.5.

Agree completely. It's not just Purvis/Calhoun not showing up though. TSam is a black hole on offense. Facey has the talent, I think, but he looks a lot like confidence-stricken freshman year DD out there.

Purvis is such an interesting and frustrating player to watch. Did anyone else notice that he's got a beautiful stroke on the shots he takes two feet in from the three point line but when he shoots from three his mechanics are just terrible? Is that a strength issue? Is it a mechanics issue - is he stuck between a true jump shot and more of a set shot? It's baffling. As poor as he was from 3 last night I was actually impressed by his ability to get to the rim sometimes

Reaction Score
Agree completely. It's not just Purvis/Calhoun not showing up though. TSam is a black hole on offense. Facey has the talent, I think, but he looks a lot like confidence-stricken freshman year DD out there.

Purvis is such an interesting and frustrating player to watch. Did anyone else notice that he's got a beautiful stroke on the shots he takes two feet in from the three point line but when he shoots from three his mechanics are just terrible? Is that a strength issue? Is it a mechanics issue - is he stuck between a true jump shot and more of a set shot? It's baffling. As poor as he was from 3 last night I was actually impressed by his ability to get to the rim sometimes
Agree on TSam as well. TSam is an energy guy who is most effective in transition. (think last year in the tourney.....he played that role great) He is not a starting pg that can facilitate an offense. He cannot create his own shot and is simply brutal offensively, outside of driving to the hoop. It really helps a defense immensely when you know you can lay off the PG when he is out on the perimeter. He may help our ball handling but when he is on the floor, he is a big reason why our half court offense is stagnant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom