Brimah blocks 7 could of been 10 | The Boneyard

Brimah blocks 7 could of been 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
At LEAST 2 shots he blocked right after a foul was called on someone reaching in ..and he played just 24 minutes...yes its yale and yes he had 1 rebound ...but wow these block numbers i miss from years gone bye.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
"could of"?

I hope you're not an actual UConn grad.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
At LEAST 2 shots he blocked right after a foul was called on someone reaching in ..and he played just 24 minutes...yes its yale and yes he had 1 rebound ...but wow these block numbers i miss from years gone bye.
That's what I don't get. If the player shoots and score after a foul it counts but how come if you block that shot you don't get Credit for the block

Reaction Score
That's what I don't get. If the player shoots and score after a foul it counts but how come if you block that shot you don't get Credit for the block

Ummm....because, in this case, the foul was on your own team.

When you're in the act of shooting and get fouled and they count the shot, the foul was on the OTHER team.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Ummm....because, in this case, the foul was on your own team.

When you're in the act of shooting and get fouled and they count the shot, the foul was on the OTHER team.

While logical, I don't think that is the entire reason. When the foul is committed, the game stops and it is a dead ball. However in a continuation play, the ball is shot or the act of shooting begins during live play. In Brimah's case, the act of blocking the shot began while the ball was dead. Therefore no stat is recorded.

Reaction Score
but, but, but....If it was goaltending, then they would have counted the basket. So, you would think that the block should have counted too. The Yale team was all signaling goaltending on the last one, but it was a clean block...the ball was still going up.

Reaction Score
but, but, but....If it was goaltending, then they would have counted the basket. So, you would think that the block should have counted too. The Yale team was all signaling goaltending on the last one, but it was a clean block...the ball was still going up.

I think it has to do with who gains an advantage when the foul is made. Obviously, the defensive team does, so it would be unfair to count a positive stat when your team gained an illegal advantage with the foul. However, if the ball goes in DESPITE the advantage created for the other team, it should count.

Reaction Score
It isn't a field goal attempt if you're fouled (and miss). Which is only logical - the shooter doesn't get punished for being fouled.

Ergo, you can't block a shot if there wasn't one officially.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score

If the basket counts, then the shot counts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom