Brimah 4th foul | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Brimah 4th foul

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This team is not making the tournament nevermind the final four. This season is over and many of us here refuse to accept it. We fooled our selves before the season thinking Brimah would be better than he has been and we seriously fooled ourselves in thinking Purv was going to be a star. Its easier to fool someone than it is to convince them that theyve been fooled and thats whats happening now. This team isnt good and isnt going to be good and we`ll be lucky if we make the NIT and ive accepted it. Ive also accepted that being in this conference blows,its affecting recruiting and we need to get into a p5 asap.
Step away from the cliff guy!! AB has gotten better but I guess you had unrealistic expectations. He has picked up a 10 foot shot and also become a better rebounder than last year. Unfortunately due to his shoulder he didn't really work on his post game or strength and it shows. He will probably never be a NBA first rounder but I expect him to be good next year with a full off season. You can be a little more optimistic about the team. GO UCONN! I haven't given up and I hope KO and can recruit a couple more players a ball handler and one more big guy(Juco, 5th year player) who can contribute down low and has some weight on him.

Reaction Score
Step away from the cliff guy!! AB has gotten better but I guess you had unrealistic expectations. He has picked up a 10 foot shot and also become a better rebounder than last year. Unfortunately due to his shoulder he didn't really work on his post game or strength and it shows. He will probably never be a NBA first rounder but I expect him to be good next year with a full off season. You can be a little more optimistic about the team. GO UCONN! I haven't given up and I hope KO and can recruit a couple more players a ball handler and one more big guy(Juco, 5th year player) who can contribute down low and has some weight on him.
Im good and will continue to support my team but im realistic.

Reaction Score
Im good and will continue to support my team but im realistic.
More like Mr. Pessimistic. I thought I was that but some of you guys on the BY make me look like Mr. Sunshine! LOL!!!

Reaction Score
Can think of 4 simply atrocious calls off the top of my head, 3 of which the commentators agreed were BAD calls:

1) Right in the beginning of the game, SMU big man received the ball and crossed half-court, traveled, then bobbled the ball as Hamilton reached for it... Foul called on Hamilton.

2) Samuel drives at an angle around his man, they fall, clear blocking foul. Yet Samuel gets called for a charge when the guy was NOT SET in front of him and Samuel did not push off or extend.

3) Terrible out of bounds call where the officials actually had the call correct, but Brown basically changed the official's mind.

4) Brimah's 4th foul. He was clearly set on the screen, did not lean into the man at all. Even if you want to lie and say he did lean into him, he made minimal contact, away from the ball. Officials WANTED to call that.

I stopped watching once the lead hit 20 so I'm sure there were more calls I missed. The sad thing is that Doris Burke and the other commentator also made comments about the terrible calls above. And yet I can't seem to remember a blatant bad call on SMU that went UConn's way where the commentators said anything.

Fact is, we've been getting the short end of the stick from the officials for a majority of the games this year. Brimah especially. Why? I don't know. But it's infuriating.
If those early game calls against UConn didn't happen maybe we're up 14-3 instead of only 10-3. UConn's confidence and play might have soared with that lead.

Reaction Score
Didn't Nova go to Final Four with four guard offense?
You're right they did, but three of those guys got drafted into the NBA (Ray, Foye, Lowry) and Nardi averaged 10.4 pts/game. The they could all handle the ball well and shoot lights out. Big difference my friend.

Reaction Score
More like Mr. Pessimistic. I thought I was that but some of you guys on the BY make me look like Mr. Sunshine! LOL!!!
So you believe this team is going to make the tournament this year?

Reaction Score

So you going to answer my question? Do you think this team will make the tournament?

Reaction Score
The officiating has gotten so atrocious, it just gets worse and worse game after game. It infuriates me to watch games and over and over the other team's bigs set moving picks, literally one after another are all moving picks, whether its turning their body to follow the defender, or putting one leg out extra far as they realize their pick will do nothing, the refs often choose not to call a solid dozen moving picks on other teams, but the moment nolan leans in 2% too far or an offensive player slams his arms into brimahs while going up for a shot, the whistle is immediately blown.

I guess SMU was a bit different, the whistle didn't immediately blow, but it blew a solid second after the ball clanked the rim. That was what made the SMU game even worse from the refs, there were about 15 foul calls so late that the player had already hit the ground and gotten their rebound sometimes. It felt like playing a game of pickup ball with one of those clowns who cries foul after every missed shot, whether there's contact or not.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Can think of 4 simply atrocious calls off the top of my head, 3 of which the commentators agreed were BAD calls:

Fact is, we've been getting the short end of the stick from the officials for a majority of the games this year. Brimah especially. Why? I don't know. But it's infuriating.
Why...perhaps because the AAC knows that UCONN is actively working to get out of their league, so the zebras are encouraged to help the other teams, particularly on the road. A sacrificial lamb, so to speak, to help make other teams appear to be more legitimate.

Reaction Score
Refs are not league employees. They're independent contractors

Reaction Score
I pose the question again. Does Brimah get pulled with 1 foul in the first half? Does he get pulled with 2? I say if he's taken out and we start to get scorched ( as we did)
put him back to try to right the ship until the 3rd. Why allow the game to get totally out of hand? One of the keys was him being on the floor as it always is.

One of the things I liked best about KO his first 2 years coaching was that he didn't automatically follow JC's formula of immediately taking a key player out of the game when he got his 2nd, 3rd, or 4th foul. This year, he's coaching not by "feel for how the games going" as he used to claim, but by formula. Leave Brimah in until he fouls out, period. The SMU game turned 180 degrees when Brimah was pulled and Nolan inserted. What IS the point? Sitting Brimah with 1 foul was playing so cautious that it coulodn't help but backfire. You can't tell your players to play aggressively and with fire, and then coach timidly, trying "not to lose" rather than playing to win.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
This happens so much to Brimah that it's hard to put it on the officials anymore. He needs to learn how to get physical without drawing the whistle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom