Briles Fired | The Boneyard

Briles Fired

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The wrong hire can send that whole program down the dumps
Nah, one bad coach couldn't motally wound a school, could he?
paul-pasqualoni_large_large.jpg

Reaction Score
Baylor University Board of Regents announces leadership changes and extensive corrective actions following findings of external investigation
May 26, 2016

Board of Regents apologizes to Baylor Nation; Dr. David Garland named interim University President; Ken Starr transitions to role of Chancellor and remains professor at Baylor University Law School; Head Football Coach Art Briles suspended with intent to terminate; Athletic Director Ian McCaw sanctioned and placed on probation; University self-reports to NCAA; Task Force responsible for implementing recommendations formed and operative; Findings of Fact and Recommendations made available

Baylor University Board of Regents announces leadership changes and extensive corrective actions following findings of external investigation

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Program has been put in a dumpster and lit on fire. Baylor will be back to being Baylor within 5 years.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Someone at Baylor is cleaning house and I admit to being a bit surprised that a school would can a successful coach. Especially since, it's rather obvious they were breaking the rules all along.

Reaction Score
Someone at Baylor is cleaning house and I admit to being a bit surprised that a school would can a successful coach. Especially since, it's rather obvious they were breaking the rules all along.
Agreed. Seemed like it could've been a "that's how we do it down here in Texas" moment. That being said, I think sexual assaults are different than paying players. You can certainly make an argument that paying players is "victimless" (I know you can find victims), but sexual assaults (of your students) is as victim'd as you can get.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score

Appointing Briles' DC Phil Bennett as interim head coach, retaining his son Kendall as OC, and giving Ken Starr another job within the university doesn't exactly strike me as "cleaning house."

Hopefully they will soon hire a new HC who brings in all his own assistants, and the AD should also get the ax posthaste.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom