Bright spots.. | The Boneyard

Bright spots..

Reaction Score
Yep I saw them!

1. Adams consistently driving the lane and passing back out to an open shooter.
2. Whalley who did not play against Cuse gets some decent minutes and plays a decent game.
3. We have won against the teams were were supposed to beat. If you said we would be 7-3 at this point in the beginning of the year, I would take it.

That's all I got.

I have tempered my expectations by watching a team in development learning to play and play with other
vs. watching a team that we expect to be a national powerhouse every year. My stress level watching these games has gone down immensely.

Reaction Score
Carlton another positive but how does he only get 13 min? 5 pts 7 boards in only 13 min. And only 2 fouls.

Why waste 10 min on a 5th year grad transfer who we all know by now just isn’t cut out for this level?

Why not give Carlton who actually shows some promise and is the future of our frontcourt those minutes?

This is not ripping on ko for the fun of it. Someone please explain this to me.

Reaction Score
We just had a competitive game with 0-9 Coppin State. We have fought to the death with mid majors we should wipe the floor with. Except for Oregon we have been non competitive against real teams. And....we are about to play 3 good teams in a row and then go in to conference play where every game promises to be a struggle. Sorry I’m not feeling the “bright spots”.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Carlton another positive but how does he only get 13 min? 5 pts 7 boards in only 13 min. And only 2 fouls.

Why waste 10 min on a 5th year grad transfer who we all know by now just isn’t cut out for this level?

Why not give Carlton who actually shows some promise and is the future of our frontcourt those minutes?

This is not ripping on ko for the fun of it. Someone please explain this to me.

Actually that is a thoughtful question, but I couldn’t resist the clip.

pj

Reaction Score
This year should be focused on developing players and style of play. Carlton, Whaley, Polley -- give me more. Jalen needs to become a true point guard and better defender, if he can be groomed into an NBA player it will help future recruiting a lot. The overall style of play should be fun for fans and players.

Reaction Score
Hey in other news, UMass is about to knock off Providence.

Where can we get coaches like that?

Reaction Score
The future back court of Diarra, Whaley, and Carlton is going to be very good.

Reaction Score
Its incomprehensible that Carlton didn't play more today.

Carlton was the one player having his way early and then out of the blue Ollie randomly stopped playing him.

Reaction Score
Terry Larrier shoots 3's (20/46, .435) at a higher clip than 2s (35/84, .416). I'm not sure if that's good or bad but at least we know we have at minimum one guy who can be counted on to stick them.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Whaley was a nice bright spot today. I thought he had a good game. Adams had a good game too.

This team begs for a true point guard. Even though Adams made a couple beautiful passes, he's still playing like a 2. I think it takes some of his teammates out of the play at times, but he played well just the same...

Reaction Score
Carlton, Polley and Whalley can't compete against good teams at this point but I agree that they look like there is something there with which to work. I think they can become solid 4-year players but with our player development history we'll have to see.

Reaction Score
Bright spot:

They were 4-6 (in route to a 4-9 start) last year. They are 3 games ahead of last year, at 7-3.
Lets NOT look at how they got those 7 wins....But 3 games ahead just the same...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom