Brief observations about Today's Game | The Boneyard

Brief observations about Today's Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

Hamilton appears to be the real deal. Can shot, handle, pass and rebound. When he plays against physically stronger players we will see better but no doubt he will be a very good player - the next star.

Sam Jr. keeps putting points on the board - like his Dad he has a feel for the game.

I like Brimah but he did not show discernment about committing fouls - same foolish ones as last year. No doubt though when he is in there the interior defense improved dramatically. He just needs to stay on the floor.

Samuel may be the best pure pg - not as gifted as Boatright but he is a leader and a tough guy.

Boatright looks in prime shape and is an unbelievable athlete.

Nolan's size will be needed but I am skeptical he will step into a major role - can't say I see much improvement - but he is definitely bigger.

Purvis did not display much confidence in his shot but as NCST I believe he was a decent shooter. He can fly up and down the court.

Facey was ok - probably neither hurt or helped himself.

Heard that Calhoun gave a great pep talk to the hockey team before the BC game - can anyone confirm?

Last edited by a moderator:

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I fully believe it's a confidence issue with Nolan. It's like he panics when he gets the ball down low. Again, reminds me so much of Hilton Armstrong pre-senior year.

Reaction Score
I fully believe it's a confidence issue with Nolan. It's like he panics when he gets the ball down low. Again, reminds me so much of Hilton Armstrong pre-senior year.

Absolutely agree with the Hilton comparison. If we get a great senior year from Nolan, the way we did with Hilton, I'd be real happy. Until then, small improvements will be okay by me.

Reaction Score
Very selfish play by Nolan. He should have passed up court. It was a great dunk but he was not being a good teammate.
Nonsense, much better chance of it being a turnover if Nolan tries to pass ahead to Giffey.

Reaction Score
Hope Omar gets back soon we could use a 3 pt. shooter.

Need someone to be able to consistently hit a wide open 3 pointer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom