Bridgeport Prices | The Boneyard

Bridgeport Prices

Reaction Score
For those of you who purchased tickets for Bridgeport, what did you pay?

We were looking into prices for only the Monday night game and I was quoted tickets starting at $96.00 per ticket. I then checked the other regional sightsand those tickets were 1/4 of the Bridgeport prices.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
The NCAA has always played the NE for every penny they can - I believe every time there has been a regional in CT it has had significantly higher prices - now some of that is probably dictated by the venue, but it is the penalty we always pay for getting a regional close by. I think it has also been true with Albany, and Philly - part of it is they know Uconn fans are used to paying for WCBB rather than having the tickets for the college season almost given away.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I purchased 4 tix in early January from the NCAA site for both the sessions at $75/ticket all in. Section 107, Row L.

Just checked my records from last year's Bridgeport regional, and the ticket prices were just about the same price as this year.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Unlike last year, there were Senior discounted packages in Bridgeport this year. They were $39 (almost $55 by the time Ticket Monster got done :mad:) for seats in a corner section for both sessions. Bought mine in the middle of February.

Reaction Score
Last year I purchased ahead of time from the NCAA site, sort of when oldude did. This year, I waited too long and had to go through one of the commercial websites. Just before you click to pay, they add another ~$50 "service charge." Tried a couple of sites and got the same result. I sure hope we get to the regional finals, because I'm in for 2x what I paid last year! I'm paying something like 8x what I'm paying for Saturday's game at UConn.

Next year, it's buy, buy, buy everything ASAP.

Reaction Score
Bridgeport has always screwed the CT fans!
When they had an early season game comparable seats to my Gampel/ XL corner seats were $70.00 a ticket + parking was raised from $5.00 to $20.00!
The Tournaments there always charge more than any other site!
When the Big East moved from Rutgers to Hartford it went from around $55.00 to $150.00 and crowds went from sold out to 1/3 capacity! Now AAC Tournament is $99.00 for the package!

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Yikes! I got tickets for all 3 games in Seattle for $32 TOTAL (+ handling).

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
That is the earlier round.

Oops, I guess that would make a difference. It was quite a few years ago, but Seattle hosted a regional final once upon a time (soph Augustus led LSU vs. Georgia; I think Texas and Purdue were the other 2 teams out there). I don't remember what I paid, but I'm sure it was nowhere near as high as $75 or $100 per ticket.

Reaction Score
Oops, I guess that would make a difference. It was quite a few years ago, but Seattle hosted a regional final once upon a time (soph Augustus led LSU vs. Georgia; I think Texas and Purdue were the other 2 teams out there). I don't remember what I paid, but I'm sure it was nowhere near as high as $75 or $100 per ticket.
They really screw us every year because this is UCONN country. They take advantage.

Reaction Score
Not sure of the time factor but there are usually a lot of tickets available for the Monday game after Saturday's games. Fans of losing teams will often be willing to get rid of their Monday tickets at face value or even less. I can remember going to MSG for the BE men's tournament and watching the semis at a bar because the tickets were 150.00 for nosebleeds and then getting floor level finals tickets for 50 bucks through a ticket service.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Duly noted, so I will wait until after this weekend and buy two of the MD seats when they lose to WV!

Reaction Score
Take the train save at least some money on parking. Senior ticket from West Haven was about $3.50 RT.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Don't feel bad; I had to pay $245 to see our men play in the NCAAT on Friday. Our WBB 1st and 2nd round books were only $30 each. Luckily, I can see our women in person at 5 and then drive 1:15 to see the men at 9:50. We really lucked out this year to be so close together.

Reaction Score
Bought my tickets early (October) for $43.50 per ticket for center court and includes both Saturday and Monday sessions. These were senior citizen tickets bought at the Harbor Yard box office and avoided the Ticketmaster fee of $15.00 per ticket. A one transaction fee would not be so bad but such a high fee for each ticket is a crime.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Bought my tickets early (October) for $43.50 per ticket for center court and includes both Saturday and Monday sessions. These were senior citizen tickets bought at the Harbor Yard box office and avoided the Ticketmaster fee of $15.00 per ticket. A one transaction fee would not be so bad but such a high fee for each ticket is a crime.
I commend you for your faith in the Huskies. Most of us wouldn't have dreamed of placing our bet on UConn ending up in Bridgeport before the season had begun.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom