Bricked Lay-ups | The Boneyard

Bricked Lay-ups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Rodney has huge issues, much like his FT's now lay ups are in his head. The guy can't finish? you're a beast and even clean one's are scary.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
It's truly astonishing the number of players on this team that repeatedly embarrass themselves right at the rim. That fast break in the 2nd half with purvis and Nolan I think? Rodney missed, then Nolan missed the putback and then purvis missed again? Was there anyone that didn't see that coming? It was the first time I've ever felt a disadvantage on a 2 on 1 fast break.

Reaction Score
It's truly astonishing the number of players on this team that repeatedly embarrass themselves right at the rim. That fast break in the 2nd half with purvis and Nolan I think? Rodney missed, then Nolan missed the putback and then purvis missed again? Was there anyone that didn't see that coming? It was the first time I've ever felt a disadvantage on a 2 on 1 fast break.

Unless it's Hamilton and/or Adams on the fast break, we are outnumbered no matter how many defenders are chasing us. Rodney shoots what? 30% 1 foot from the rim? Brimah can't get a basket unless it's an oop from Hamilton and even then it's a 50/50 ball. Nolan is Nolan, Gibbs is too slow and gets caught from behind. It's a mess under the hoop on all fronts

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I told my family we won't even get a shot off before that Purvis turnover at the end. You can see games just slipping away from them. No one ever steps up and makes a play.

Reaction Score
sometimes I feel like Curtis Kelly is on this roster with all of the point blank incompetence

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Don't forget Brimah's dunk attempt that was blocked by an invisible 3 foot tall midget.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
As bad as the Amida my bad hands flub was I can't get Purvis' 2-handed alligator armed layup miss outta my head. That was the one that started the follies down low where multiple follows were missed, too. But that Purvis drive....ohhhh.

Reaction Score
Purvis should really try to dunk everything close rather than try a layup. I don't know what his percentage is for made layups but I'm betting it's pretty poor.

Reaction Score
Missed layups and terrible rebounding has cost us numerous games. Neither are things that have improved over the last 1.5 years. Ollie needs to clear out the staff and get people in here who can actually coach fundamentals.
Totally agree. I think we should keep Ricky for his defensive coaching and recent recruiting prowess. Replace Miler or Hobbs with a big man coach. We have one big with skilled post moves and he was developed at Cornell. Brimah still shows nothing on the offensive end, Facey is buried, Enoch apparently isn't developing enough to play against a mediocre Temple team.. The status quo can't continue for a third year in a row.

Reaction Score
Saban didn't win the National Title at Bama and changed up his staff. If Ollie misses the tourney 2 years in a row he has to change up his staff. There are too many players not getting better.

Reaction Score
Saban didn't win the National Title at Bama and changed up his staff. If Ollie misses the tourney 2 years in a row he has to change up his staff. There are too many players not getting better.

Especially in the front court... and area we used to excel at

Reaction Score
Purvis should really try to dunk everything close rather than try a layup. I don't know what his percentage is for made layups but I'm betting it's pretty poor.

Bet he's better from 3 :confused:

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

I had flashbacks to Antric Klaiber.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3