Brianna Banks | The Boneyard

Brianna Banks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What exactly was the point of putting Brianna into the game at that point? I cannot listen to post game radio show. I hope this is discussed.

huskybill

RIP, huskybill
Reaction Score
What exactly was the point of putting Brianna into the game at that point? I cannot listen to post game radio show. I hope this is discussed.
The Huskies said that Lefty would be ready to go. Wouldn't want them to be liars, would you?

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
I think it is simple - she was ready to go, which means she could play if needed, but not 100%. She wasn't needed, so didn't play the bulk of the game. Then she went in, just to run a play or two in actual game experience, which is nto the same as practice. Game essentially over, so se doesn't have to try a crazy or do something that could hurt her, just run a couple minutes in sort of game conditions.

Reaction Score
Thanks for response. I thought about those possibilities , obviously, but was hoping for something from Geno and post game radio show. :)

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
If Geno needed her he would've played her and with a blow out why risk it. He knows what he's doing and the next game is Weds so lets see what happens. The more time she has to rest the faster she will get to 100%. We didn't need her so why chance it?

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Maybe Geno didn't want her to play, then sit, and then have the ankle possibly stiffen up before he put her in again?

Reaction Score
I sure hope that Banks integrates herself into the lineup. Most of the time this year, she really has not played that well. With the UConn starters as good as they are, she needs to know she does not have to everything all at once, but needs to contribute her quickness and slashing. If she can do that, the team will be a lot better off.

HGN

Reaction Score
I think Geno really wasn't sure about her and didn't want to take a chance. Decided to err on the side of caution. It was the safe thing to do. Now he gets a chance to watch her more in practice and see how the ankle responds.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I think Geno really wasn't sure about her and didn't want to take a chance. Decided to err on the side of caution. It was the safe thing to do. Now he gets a chance to watch her more in practice and see how the ankle responds.
Yup, I think that is all it was. Trying to bring her back slowly.

Reaction Score
If Geno needed her he would've played her and with a blow out why risk it. . . . We didn't need her so why chance it?

The only problem with this is that he did "risk it" in a blowout by putting her in at the end.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
The only problem with this is that he did "risk it" in a blowout by putting her in at the end.
That was a lot less risky than inserting her into that hectic pace we saw in the first half. Coming in when she did gave her a chance to get her feet under her and to see how the foot felt.

Reaction Score
i was just glad to see her on the court. We need her badly. I thought we played well yesterday. Not the highest point total but just watching Hartley and Jefferson dominate makes me happy. Best Duo in college basketball. only comparison is Loyd and McBride. and Sims and Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom