Brian Cosgriff knows how Paige can make Geno's head swim | The Boneyard

Brian Cosgriff knows how Paige can make Geno's head swim

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

Auriemma has implored Bueckers to shoot more often.

“Yeah, I’ve dealt with that,” Cosgriff said. “The problem was she liked passing the ball more than shooting the three, and there was nobody on my team that could shoot like she could — but there was also nobody who could pass like she could. And she enjoyed that more. She loved making her teammates better.”

He knows pulling Bueckers from a game can lead to drama.

“Massive arguments,” said Cosgriff, who coached Bueckers at Hopkins High in Minnetonka, Minn. “Paige always has to have the last word. We’d be up by 40 and my whole thing was, I didn’t want to get her hurt. I didn’t want her injured, and I had 18 kids on the team. I’m like, ‘OK, you’ve got your 25, we’re up by 40, let some other kids play.’

“Oh, she’d give me an earful. Most of the time, I’d just take it — because it’s Paige and that’s just her. But depending on my mood, I might snap back. The things Geno is dealing with … are the exact same things I would deal with. It’s comical.

Reaction Score
One time she got back from a USA Basketball trip and went straight from the airport to an AAU practice.

So, Paige never gets tired with basketball. It's a good article. She like playing basketball more than I know. Perfect match with Geno.?

And her high school coach is really good. He cares about her diet and health like a father.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
This is Paige's own explanation for her 'maniacal' need to play all the time

"Whenever I get pulled and I'm not in the game, I feel some type of way," Bueckers said. "I always love to play, no matter if we're down 50 or up 50. ... I've had a great relationship with all the coaches who have coached me throughout my life, and just being able to have that open communication to let them know I'm not happy with them, and tell them I want to go back in the game, that's always been me."

Reaction Score
Paige does know she has teammates right? And sometimes those teammates want to be more than spectators at the games.

Reaction Score
Next practice would have been without balls and until I got tired.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom