OT: - Brian Bowen's father says ex-louisville assistant Kenny Johnson gave him $1,300 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Brian Bowen's father says ex-louisville assistant Kenny Johnson gave him $1,300

Reaction Score
This argument still makes my blood boil. I freaking hate the NCAA.

Pretty sure none of the Huskies who had to sit out a year for APR were part of the reason. Crappy argument there!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Pretty sure none of the Huskies who had to sit out a year for APR were part of the reason. Crappy argument there!
The NCAA didn't give a flying fornication about our guys!:mad::mad:

Oh well I guess Bazz had the last laugh.

1539207920892.png

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
That works the first time around.

Two things you really should not try with the NCAA....

1) Lie to them.
2) Commit a major violation before the ink is dry on the last one.

I agree but I don't trust the NCAA with anything after the ruling on North Carolina non classes and nothing happening

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
It’s way too tiring to keep explaining the UNC-NCAA issue. If you don’t think the NCAA wanted to clobber UNC, I don’t know what to tell you.

On Louisville.....NCAA probation is like holding onto a hand grenade. It’s not going to hurt you unless you pull the pin.

Louisville pulled the pin.

Reaction Score
It’s way too tiring to keep explaining the UNC-NCAA issue. If you don’t think the NCAA wanted to clobber UNC, I don’t know what to tell you.

On Louisville.....NCAA probation is like holding onto a hand grenade. It’s not going to hurt you unless you pull the pin.

Louisville pulled the pin.

I haven’t really followed the story closely since they cleaned house and fired Pitino, but my perception is that UL totally expects to move on from this. They were able to hire a good coach and made a lot of administrative changes.

Didn’t we already know UL paid for Bowen? Is the $1300 the new piece of evidence? If so, it seems small potatoes when thrown in with the Adidas stuff etc. I’m not holding my breath on a real punishment.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Didn’t we already know UL paid for Bowen? Is the $1300 the new piece of evidence? If so, it seems small potatoes when thrown in with the Adidas stuff etc. I’m not holding my breath on a real punishment.

Whether or not we already knew about it, the huge piece of information that came out this week is the timeline of events. Louisville was put on probation by the NCAA and THEN paid a recruit's father. Had they done it before the probation, it wouldn't be as big a deal, but the fact that they handed over cash after they already knew they were under the microscope is the big story here.

Reaction Score
Whether or not we already knew about it, the huge piece of information that came out this week is the timeline of events. Louisville was put on probation by the NCAA and THEN paid a recruit's father. Had they done it before the probation, it wouldn't be as big a deal, but the fact that they handed over cash after they already knew they were under the microscope is the big story here.

I get that, but those people are all fired. I think UL will skate. It would be much harder to go easy on them if they hadn’t already cleaned house. Now, it is the old, “punishing people that didn’t do it” routine. The NCAA will back off.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I get that, but those people are all fired. I think UL will skate. It would be much harder to go easy on them if they hadn’t already cleaned house. Now, it is the old, “punishing people that didn’t do it” routine. The NCAA will back off.

I guess we'll see. If that's what they actually say in this case, then no school will ever get punished for anything, because they'll just fire the coaches/AD responsible for violations when they occur.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom