Brian Agler Resigns as Head Coach of LA Sparks | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Brian Agler Resigns as Head Coach of LA Sparks

Reaction Score
She lost her big-money job in China due to injury, so she may need the work.
Why would she risk injury playing in the U.S. again? Makes no sense if she is financially focused

Reaction Score
Why would she risk injury playing in the U.S. again? Makes no sense if she is financially focused

I’m not really understanding the question. She could get hurt playing anywhere. She could get hurt in practice. Is she supposed to go through life worried about getting hurt? She played in the WNBA last season and didn’t get hurt... May have gotten worn down a bit, but next season will be easier. She signed a multi year deal. Why wouldn’t she play? I think she LOVES the attention she gets from playing in the WNBA.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I’m not really understanding the question. She could get hurt playing anywhere. She could get hurt in practice. Is she supposed to go through life worried about getting hurt? She played in the WNBA last season and didn’t get hurt... May have gotten worn down a bit, but next will be easier. She signed a multi year deal. Why wouldn’t she play? I think she LOVES the attention she gets from playing in the WNBA.
If she is financially focused which she said she was at the end of the W season it makes no sense to risk an injury in the W when she makes her real money overseas. If she likes the extra attention in the W (which I think you’re right about) that’s another matter. She’s not from the states and she doesn’t need the W except the attn. Definitely not the money.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Looked like the players weren’t dialed in to him like years past. Seemed like it was time.

Reaction Score
Liz had her first full workout yesterday spotted in Australia wearing WNBA gear with a WNBA ball. Ijs #WFFL

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Do the Dallas Wings have a full-time head coach?
Coach Agler and Liz Cambage might have a mutual interest in Dallas: potential dominating force meets coach who could know how to maximize that challenging talent.
Hmmm....

First part of the Dallas equation: check.
Now we see if Ms. Cambage will return, as well.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Frankly I'm kinda surprised any of the foreign players want to play in the WNBA. Sure, it's good experience going up against the highest level of competition. But if they can make 5 to 20 times as much money playing overseas during the rest of the year, wouldn't they benefit more from resting their bodies for at least a few months out of the year?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom