Brian Agler Resigns as Head Coach of LA Sparks | The Boneyard

Brian Agler Resigns as Head Coach of LA Sparks

Reaction Score
It was announced this am. This big news and haven't heard what happened yet.

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
No surprise, except for how long it took to come out.

Reaction Score
For those not in the know, why is this not a surprise? I am surprised. Except for the off year last year, they are a power house and Agler seems to be a very good coach.

He might have other aspirations. I doubt the Sparks asked him to resign.

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
Associated Press NOVEMBER 30, 2018 — 9:50AM

LOS ANGELES — Brian Agler, who led the Los Angeles Sparks to the WNBA championship in 2016, has resigned as coach after four years.

The team made the announcement Friday without explanation.

In keeping with recent Boneyard tradition, this will lead to impassioned speculation,
both uninformed and heartfelt.

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
They had already fired his son and Tonya after the season. Most people were surprised they didn't do it at the same time.

Reaction Score
They had already fired his son and Tonya after the season. Most people were surprised they didn't do it at the same time.

Why? I watch them the most and yes they didn't have season they had the year before, but several factors played into that.

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
Why? I watch them the most and yes they didn't have season they had the year before, but several factors played into that.

There were major differences and he seemed to lose the team which could be seen from watching the bench.

I have known Penny a long time and she gives people a lot of chances, so I think they all just felt it was time for a change.

Reaction Score

He had family working for the Sparks? Why were they fired? If that’s the case, that would explain a lot.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Do the Dallas Wings have a full-time head coach?
Coach Agler and Liz Cambage might have a mutual interest in Dallas: potential dominating force meets coach who could know how to maximize that challenging talent.
Hmmm....

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Do the Dallas Wings have a full-time head coach?
Coach Agler and Liz Cambage might have a mutual interest in Dallas: potential dominating force meets coach who could know how to maximize talent.
Hmmm....

I don't believe they do yet. They will need Cambage back if they want to make another playoff run since Diggins more than likely will not be there next season.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
I don't believe they do yet. They will need Cambage back if they want to make another playoff run since Diggins more than likely will not be there next season.

Thanks. Good point on Skylar. Wings have the #5 pick, which should get them a solid talent to add to the roster.

Reaction Score
Dallas will have to do a lot of work to get Liz back, she seemed uninterested in future seasons in an interview during the season

Reaction Score
Dallas will have to do a lot of work to get Liz back, she seemed uninterested in future seasons in an interview during the season

She lost her big-money job in China due to injury, so she may need the work.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Agree with Milford. LA was underachieving for years with plenty of talent. Agler got them playing up to their potential. If he was let go for a sub par 2018 season, should Coach Reeve be worried too? (I'm being sarcastic, can't imagine the Lynx making a change)

Reaction Score
Word on twitter is that he may actually be the new Dallas Head Coach. I guess we will see tomorrow.

Reaction Score

Where’s Diggins going?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom