Bria | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Bria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Geno knows what he is doing. And in this case, so do Chris and Shea. And Bria.

They are not talking and we can only guess and speculate.

And wait with bated breath for the ND game with special attention to minutes played by Bria, Breanna, Caroline, Morgan and Moriah. And Brianna.

I think Stefanie, Kaleena and Kelly will get 30+ apiece. All others? In Geno we trust.

I just hope Heather gets to play at least 5 minutes in each half.

Reaction Score
Maybe he has been reading my posts. How do you have a point guard like Bria and she can't dribble and makes so many mistakes with the ball. Come on folks, even you see her dribbling the ball at shoulder height all the time like its a beach ball and carrying it on every dribble sequence and walk lot of times before she even starts dribbling.
Better now than later in season. This is similar to the Renee issue where Geno wanted more POINT in the point guard role and it confused her and her play went down for a while.
Hartley, Sims and Simmons were the big 3 coming in; Sims is a combo of Shea/Sue; Simmons is Rick Mount without the accuracy and Hartley is looking more like Nicole coming back after her 2nd ACL (too weak and not good enough dribbler for PG position, too hesitant for shooting guard).
Can't have Doty of Stanford (2 shots-not points-20 minutes) and the Hartley of Stanford (weak with ball, bad decisions, step slow on getting to ball and through picks).
Doty seems to want playing time so for at least Oregon has gotten out of her Faris mode (Faris of prior years where she took did not pull her weight on the scoring end and too content to be helper/decoy on offense), if that continues great, if not she should lose playing time. Banks is more athletic and able to put much more pressure on ball than Hartley, and Banks may be taking minutes from Hartley rather than Doty (as I thought).
Every game vs. ND (at least seems like it) there are a few late game situations where Diggins pokes ball away from Hartley that costs (or helps cost) the lead/game. This ND game is preview of Hartley going up against Sims and is the matchup most concerned about (if Faris on Diggins it hurts rebounding and Faris is needed to fight inside against the muggers).
My question to Geno is, why did it take so long.

What Bria Hartley are you watching? And yes, every ND game Diggins does foul Bria and she loses the ball. (She slaps Bria's elbow. Actually a pretty smart move if she can get away with it.)

Has she made some mistakes in big games? Sure. But Hartley is the only player on the roster who has consistently shown up (with the exception of Faris - and we don't know about the Freshman) for all of our big games. She was an AA for a reason last season. She needs to get back to playing at that level for us to win it all. But I'm not worried about Bria.

Reaction Score
Maybe he has been reading my posts. How do you have a point guard like Bria and she can't dribble and makes so many mistakes with the ball. Come on folks, even you see her dribbling the ball at shoulder height all the time like its a beach ball and carrying it on every dribble sequence and walk lot of times before she even starts dribbling.
Better now than later in season. This is similar to the Renee issue where Geno wanted more POINT in the point guard role and it confused her and her play went down for a while.
Hartley, Sims and Simmons were the big 3 coming in; Sims is a combo of Shea/Sue; Simmons is Rick Mount without the accuracy and Hartley is looking more like Nicole coming back after her 2nd ACL (too weak and not good enough dribbler for PG position, too hesitant for shooting guard).
Can't have Doty of Stanford (2 shots-not points-20 minutes) and the Hartley of Stanford (weak with ball, bad decisions, step slow on getting to ball and through picks).
Doty seems to want playing time so for at least Oregon has gotten out of her Faris mode (Faris of prior years where she took did not pull her weight on the scoring end and too content to be helper/decoy on offense), if that continues great, if not she should lose playing time. Banks is more athletic and able to put much more pressure on ball than Hartley, and Banks may be taking minutes from Hartley rather than Doty (as I thought).
Every game vs. ND (at least seems like it) there are a few late game situations where Diggins pokes ball away from Hartley that costs (or helps cost) the lead/game. This ND game is preview of Hartley going up against Sims and is the matchup most concerned about (if Faris on Diggins it hurts rebounding and Faris is needed to fight inside against the muggers).

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Geno knows what he is doing. And in this case, so do Chris and Shea. And Bria.

They are not talking and we can only guess and speculate.

And wait with bated breath for the ND game with special attention to minutes played by Bria, Breanna, Caroline, Morgan and Moriah. And Brianna.

I think Stefanie, Kaleena and Kelly will get 30+ apiece. All others? In Geno we trust.

I just hope Heather gets to play at least 5 minutes in each half.

I would like to see Buck get at least 10 minutes in the second half. BTW - Kudos for "bated Breath." One of the few times I've seen it spelled correctly.

Reaction Score
in the 5 games before oregon bria played 159 minutes ( 32 min. per), with only faris at 163 minutes playing more. i think part of her benching has to do with geno not wanting to wear her down more in the oregon track meet. people continue to forget her late start this season. bria is a thoroughbred, and geno knows that she will be there when the going gets tough. he's spoken more than once about her thriving in those situations .she's shown that in the big games more than any other player on this team, except maybe faris. i think that he wants her healthy, with rested legs under her, as she will probably be dealing with diggins on saturday. just my thoughts on it.
Completely agree. Plus it was a great time to get Banks and Jefferson some playing time.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
OK, there was some concern on the part of the staff with regard her style of play.
Surely this must be visible to the naked eye.
Did anyone see anything?

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
OK, there was some concern on the part of the staff with regard her style of play.
Did anyone see anything?
Yeah. to the naked eye she didn't play up to her typical level.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
How do you have a point guard like Bria and she can't dribble and makes so many mistakes with the ball. Come on folks, even you see her dribbling the ball at shoulder height all the time like its a beach ball and carrying it on every dribble sequence and walk lot of times before she even starts dribbling....

...Hartley is looking more like Nicole coming back after her 2nd ACL (too weak and not good enough dribbler for PG position, too hesitant for shooting guard)....

...the Hartley of Stanford (weak with ball, bad decisions, step slow on getting to ball and through picks)...

...Every game vs. ND (at least seems like it) there are a few late game situations where Diggins pokes ball away from Hartley that costs (or helps cost) the lead/game.

Wow. So I guess you don't agree with the evaluation "some folks" made last year that declared her an All American eh? From your description she shouldn't even start. I'm not sure where the coloring of your glasses came from but to say I disagree with your overall assessment would be an understatement.

Hartley is more a shooting guard than a point. It would have served her well to be playing along side a top flight point type but the team needs her to fill a role. She seems to have been doing pretty well doing what needs to be done over the last year or so. Sorry she does not satisfy your needs.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Did anyone see anything?
The only thing that I have noticed to date this year is that I think she has been somewhat passive compared to the way she has played the last two years. I attributed that to her ankle but maybe that is not the case at this point. Biff is correct that Bria is playing far more 2 guard at this time rather than the point.

Reaction Score

There are times as a boneyarder, I am ashamed of some of the drivel that is written. This is one of them.

Reaction Score
Doty had a tremendous game against Stanford. If you didn't see that you don't know basketball nor what you are seeing on the court.

I love her too Icebear, but tremendous, no.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
"There are times as a boneyarder, I am ashamed of some of the drivel that is written. This is one of them. "

Why in the world would you be "ashamed" over something somebody else posts here? If a poster is willing to lay it out here so that everyone can stomp on it you should just join in the fun. :)

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Because, for the most part we are a knowledgable bunch. That was just....ridiculous.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
Wow. So I guess you don't agree with the evaluation "some folks" made last year that declared her an All American eh? From your description she shouldn't even start. I'm not sure where the coloring of your glasses came from but to say I disagree with your overall assessment would be an understatement.

Hartley is more a shooting guard than a point. It would have served her well to be playing along side a top flight point type but the team needs her to fill a role. She seems to have been doing pretty well doing what needs to be done over the last year or so. Sorry she does not satisfy your needs.

Thanks Biff...

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I love her too Icebear, but tremendous, no.
Sonny I think what tremendous in that she was completely in control of the team when she was on the court. She played excellent defense constantly forcing players towards help. Geno himself said she had an outstanding game against Stanford. I said it during the game thread long before the game ended. I suspect from the coaches view Caroline gave them everything they asked of her. I consider that a tremendous game.

Reaction Score
I've never been a big Hartley fan, mostly IMHO because she is not a point guard (look at that dribbling at shoulder height, for example) and is not used to best advantage when she plays that role. There's no denying that she has ice in her veins when it comes to shooting, but there is something about her PG play that makes me nervous. One reason I'm glad that Doty is doing so well is that it should take some of the ball-movement pressure of Bria, who is just better at other stuff.

Looks like Geno is not happy with the level at which she's operating. It'd be hard to believe that it's the high dribble, etc., because that's the way she's played previously, and all it got her was an All-American slot. But whatever it is, I just wish the lineup would shake itself out in such a way that she could be a shooting guard most if not all the time.

Reaction Score
If I had to guess, she was pouting. It had to be something like that for her to only get 7 minutes (because that's not enough time to determine if she's playing well, really.)

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Just Geno doing what Geno does.... Ask Shea. NO one is immune.

Reaction Score
all are aware, i assume, that bria joined maya, diana and sveta last year in a very select group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom