Bria Traded To NY Liberty | The Boneyard

Bria Traded To NY Liberty

Reaction Score
Well Washington traded Vaughn and Hartley to NY for Seattle's 6th pick in the first round.
NY traded Carolyn Swords to Seattle.
Who won the trade? I'd say NY. They received two players who can help, Hartley a starter and another Vaughn who can play Swords' position.
Who lost the trade? Washington. I doubt they can come close to replacing Hartley with the acquired pick.
Seattle. I don't know enough about Swords' skill set to evaluate their end of the trade.

Reaction Score
Well Washington traded Vaughn and Hartley to NY for Seattle's 6th pick in the first round.
Who won the trade? I'd say NY. They received two players who can help, Hartley a starter and another Vaughn who can play Swords' position.
Who lost the trade? Washington. I doubt they can come close to replacing Hartley with the acquired pick.
Seattle. I don't know enough about Swords' skill set to evaluate their end of the trade.

Washington may be trying to free up cap space. Trade two veteran salaries for a rookie and potentially a superstar if they sign EDD. We'll see how it works out for them.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
And I don't know enough about Seattle's team to speak authoritatively, but isn't one of their great needs replacing Lauren Jackson (for good). Since you can't do it with one player - is Sword's more toward that end than what is available in the draft?

HGN

Reaction Score
Washington may be trying to free up cap space. Trade two veteran salaries for a rookie and potentially a superstar if they sign EDD. We'll see how it works out for them.
My thought as well............Freeing up Cap Space to possible bring in EDD. Also , obtaining the 6th pick gives them an extra pick in the First Round just in case they have to trade one to get EDD.

JMHO.

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
Only works for NY if the pair can stay healthy.

Reaction Score
My thought as well..Freeing up Cap Space to possible bring in EDD. Also , obtaining the 6th pick gives them an extra pick in the First Round just in case they have to trade one to get EDD.

JMHO.
Good points about clearing up cap space and acquiring the pick to include in a trade with Chicago. There are rumors that the EDD trade to Washington is a done deal, but can't be announced until February 1.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score

If Washington can get Alexis Jones I would say that they are the winner. They will be getting a franchise PG.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Kia and Bria go home. Coach Mike really likes Tayler Hill, and I think he likes Natasha Cloud too, so Bria's PT would've slipped with the Mystics. Does this move Kiah Stokes into the starting role in NY? It gives Stef more PT in Washington.

Seattle needs interior help. Swords is not a great offensive threat, but she should add some badly needed defense and rebounding.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
If Washington can get Alexis Jones I would say that they are the winner. They will be getting a franchise PG.
I don't think she will be around at #6, depending on who comes out this year.

Reaction Score
Will Bria be available to play this year? Last I heard she was expecting.

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
You can never land too many Huskies. Still the Libs' roster needs some balance.

Back
Rebecca Allen
Brittany Boyd
Epiphanny Prince
Sugar Rodgers
Shoni Schimmel
Bria Hartley
Shavonte Zellous
Tanisha Wright

Front
Tina Charles
Kia Vaughn
Kiah Stokes
Amanda Zahui B

Reaction Score
And I don't know enough about Seattle's team to speak authoritatively, but isn't one of their great needs replacing Lauren Jackson (for good). Since you can't do it with one player - is Sword's more toward that end than what is available in the draft?
I think Stewie's doing a good job of replacing Lauren Jackson so far... and she hasn't reached her ceiling yet...

Reaction Score
Kia and Bria go home. Coach Mike really likes Tayler Hill, and I think he likes Natasha Cloud too, so Bria's PT would've slipped with the Mystics. Does this move Kiah Stokes into the starting role in NY? It gives Stef more PT in Washington.

Seattle needs interior help. Swords is not a great offensive threat, but she should add some badly needed defense and rebounding.

Stef is probably involved in the trade for Edd.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

Maybe, It's also conceivable that they had their eye on a post player (Brionna Jones??) that they figured would be off the board by the time they were on the clock.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
New York wins IMO but depending on who is available on draft board, #6 isn't bad for Washington.

EDD plus (depending on who is available).....

Kelsey Plum
Alexis Jones
Leticia Romero
Shatori Walker-Kimbrough
Sydney Weise
Lindsay Allen
Alexis Peterson
Tori Jankoska

Some good guards in that lineup!

All of this is assuming DeShields, Kaela Davis, Lexie Brown, Kelsey Mitchell don't go early. If they do some great options will be available with the #6 pick.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

Kiah should be ready to move into the starting lineup. Swords was starting, and played the first 4 minutes, then Stokes would come in and play the rest of the quarter. All of their post players will see lots of time on the floor.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom