Bria Holmes/Hillhouse vs Laurelton HS & CT's Top 25 Girls | The Boneyard

Bria Holmes/Hillhouse vs Laurelton HS & CT's Top 25 Girls

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
today 12/15 8pm at Weaver High School in Hartford, Im guessing this is part of the Annual Doc Hurley Classic.

I know Bria is a WVa signee but if you want to see some local HS talent she's a player to watch.

Hillhouse is currently 3-0 with wins over Lyman Hall 79-38, Wilbur Cross 75-35, & Hamden 63-40 (29pts)

Current Rankings (NH Register)

1 Hillhouse (11)

2 Manchester (2)

3 Career (2)

4 Lauralton Hall (1)

5 E.O. Smith

6 Glastonbury

7 Holy Cross

8 Mercy

9 Newtown

10 Weaver

Top 25 Players in the State including a UConn Men's player little sister - click LINK

guess I'll check out the Manchester team (Ashley Perez) a few times this season... they run a nice Christmas tournament

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Manchester has a loss already against E.O. Smith... interesting!

BTW 2 UConn Men's players have little sisters on Connecticut's Top 25 HS Girls list!

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
O.k., I grew up in CT but what is Career?

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
A renamed high school in New Haven. It used to be Lee I think.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
a lil research says that Career replaced Lee High as "a High School" but the "building" that use to be Lee is now being used by Yale's Scool of Nursing (according to Wikipedia). I thought career was built from the ground up or was renovated from a old building but I never thought it was Lee (actually forgot all about Lee, cause only Cross & 'house gets mentioned these days)

thanks Ice for enlightening me

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
a lil research says that Career replaced Lee High as "a High School" but the "building" that use to be Lee is now being used by Yale's Scool of Nursing (according to Wikipedia). I thought career was built from the ground up or was renovated from a old building but I never thought it was Lee (actually forgot all about Lee, cause only Cross & 'house gets mentioned these days)

thanks Ice for enlightening me
I didn't know where it was as a building since I don't live in Branford and frequent NH anymore. .

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I didn't know where it was as a building since I don't live in Branford and frequent NH anymore. .
Im not familiar with New Haven at all... so I had not clue of the whole situation at all.

I would've thought they changed the name of Lee to Career (same building).

I actually think Lee closed and all NH kids went to either Cross or Hillhouse but with years of overcrowding they built/renovated Career (I think its a NEW building)

(edit) says that its been around for 24yrs? I dont recall it being that old (no more than 10 is what I thought) Career's homepage

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Now thinking about it I think I drive by it as I come past Yale-New Haven on Rt.34.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Hillhouse 54, Lauralton Hall 52: Bria Holmes had 23 points and 18 rebounds and a key assist with four seconds left to freshman Brooklin Davis, who hit the winning shot for Hillhouse (4-0) in the nightcap of the Hurley Classic.

Reaction Score
Holmes amazingly unselfish on final play of game. Incredibly explosive, especially for a girl of her size.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Holmes amazingly unselfish on final play of game. Incredibly explosive, especially for a girl of her size.
I agree.. I didnt see it but it seems like a nice kick out to the open player who knocks down the game winning bask.

so Brad Im going to assume you went to this game?

Reaction Score
Yes, I was in attendance at The Green Palace...possibly the ugliest HS sporting venue to be found anywhere.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Yes, I was in attendance at The Green Palace...possibly the ugliest HS sporting venue to be found anywhere.
NOOOOOOOOOO dont talk about my old stomping grounds... but I agree lol. The lighting is horrible, old bleachers (havent been there in a few yrs), the floor with lines allllll over the place but its huge!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom