Bria Holmes Commits to West Virginia | The Boneyard

Bria Holmes Commits to West Virginia

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Reported in Jim Fuller's blog. http://elmcitytoeaglevillenhr.blogspot.com/

Holmes told the Register that she was leaning towards Rutgers before her visit to West Virginia.

"It feels like family there," Holmes said. "I liked the campus. I connected with the players and coaches as soon as I got there."

Good for Bria and hope it works out well for her. I'd normally say it's great that she'll be playing in the Big East but . . .

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Agreed. congrats to WVU and Bria. i think she will flourish there.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
hmmm... Im gonna wait a year or 2 before saying anything about this (no inside info just my opinion).

Good Luck Bria

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Can't win them all. After all Rutgers beat out WVU for Rutger freshman duo Shakena Richardson & Syessence Davis. Could have used Holmes, but our main target is on big girls.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Great for Bria. WVU will use her offensive skills more then Rutgers would have.

However, still wish Geno would find room to take more CT girls. Most years Geno doesn't recruit the best CT HS players and they end up going out of State and some end up as productive players for their respective schools.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Good for Bria, Mike, and WVU. And the Big East or whatever conference WVU will be in.

WVU feels like family and RU apparently didn't. Hmm.

Reaction Score
WV will always be one of the teams I like as result of that Semi Final win they had against RU in the Big East T. some years back which was an amazingly exciting game:)

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Good for Bria, Mike, and WVU. And the Big East or whatever conference WVU will be in.

WVU feels like family and RU apparently didn't. Hmm.
One coach way past her prime and one who gets better every year. Easy decision.

Reaction Score

That opinion could not possibly be based on last season's performance. I hope you are eventually right about Mike Carey. I also hope WVU remains in the Big East.

Reaction Score
I am happy to hear that Bria has decided on a college. Best of luck to her! Mike Carey will certainly teach her the proper way to play basketball. Mike has always been a class act. Here's to some more good games between UCONN & WVU

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
That opinion could not possibly be based on last season's performance. I hope you are eventually right about Mike Carey. I also hope WVU remains in the Big East.
Mike did not have much to work with last year. Probably his least talented team in a long time, and unlike most of his teams, they were not particularly tough and the did not know what "hustle" means. Sure you can criticize Mike for the latter two deficiencies, but you also have to question the senior leadership.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score

That's really matter of opinion. This year will show alot. Even tho Chelsey Lee is out for the season.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
That's really matter of opinion. This year will show alot. Even tho Chelsey Lee is out for the season.
Of course it's an opinion. Yes this year will show a lot, since her best assistant is gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom