Bria Hartley | The Boneyard

Bria Hartley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I wanted to start a new thread here for Bria. I have always felt that she is under appreciated, both here and by other teams fans as media. Bria, after getting off to a slow start in her first few games back, had a great game yesterday, especially in the first half. I know Oakland is not nearly the team Maryland or Penn State is, but it was great to see Bria back to her old self again with a monster game. I guess we can officially say she is back!

Great job Bria, it's great to see you on the court and kicking butt!

Reaction Score
I wanted to start a new thread here for Bria. I have always felt that she is under appreciated, both here and by other teams fans as media. Bria, after getting off to a slow start in her first few games back, had a great game yesterday, especially in the first half. I know Oakland is not nearly the team Maryland or Penn State is, but it was great to see Bria back to her old self again with a monster game. I guess we can officially say she is back!

Great job Bria, it's great to see you on the court and kicking butt!
I agree whole-heartedly. I think, moreover, that she transcended her old self to a new level.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I don't think she is underappreciated per se - new toys always get the most attention and we have a bunch of new toys. Her having a slow start to the season due to injury certainly didn't help. But it sure was great to see her back in form last night!!! I don't think the opponent really mattered - just getting her legs under her and the shots falling was what she needed and that happened last night.
And yes I think she deserves her own thread. Uconn is not going anywhere if she is not playing her AA game.
I also think that we may see more of last night's starting line-up. I think BS is definitely a better player than CD, but CD provides a confidence at the start of games that I think is very positive. I don't think it is a random thing that the best games we have played CD has started. I know that they have been the easier opponents but the team just seems more in sync and it carries through the whole game.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
When Bria is shooting and scoring well UConn is almost unbeatable. What she does is create one more outside shooting option and takes pressure off KML who has become a complete scorer. With both KML and Bria scoreing everything else opens up for everybody else. What makes both so special is they can hit outside shots and take it to the hoop and score. Most teams have one option who can do that UConn has many from 1-10.. BTW did you see BB explode to the basket last nite.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Banks is just so athletic. She is a playmaker, and we're lucky to have her.

KML played so well last night too. That one play where she saved it from going out of bounds right in front of the UConn bench was amazing.

Reaction Score
Banks is just so athletic. She is a playmaker, and we're lucky to have her.

KML played so well last night too. That one play where she saved it from going out of bounds right in front of the UConn bench was amazing.
You mean the one where she saved it twice?

Reaction Score
Bria has always been under appreciated. Last season people thought she shouldn't start in favor of KML, despite being our best player. (And at that point, KML hadn't even played a game yet)

She's a quiet player with a quiet personality. (Although, actually, her personality is adorable, particularly when Geno's yelling at her and she giggles.) That tends to get overshadowed a bit. Seimone Augustus is actually a bit like that. (You don't think she's done much, then the boxscore says she's got 25.)

Uconn fans do have new toys, but I don't know that Bria was ever fully appreciated Bria, even though she could potentially leave Uconn as the second best Combo guard ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom