Brew's Clues - Cornell | The Boneyard

Brew's Clues - Cornell

Reaction Score
Overall, I thought this was a nice bounceback from the Iowa game. Still lots to improve on and too many cringeworthy plays that we need to clean up if we want to compete with tough teams.

***Positives:

-TENACIOUS D!!!! I thought our ball pressure was fabulous. All our guards were a total pain in the arse for their guards all game long. It took us ~10min of the first half to adjust to the Princeton-type offense, but after that, there weren't too many horrible defensive breakdowns.

-Jalen came out aggressive on offense early and stayed aggressive all game on both ends of the floor. He's really stepped up his ball defense this year.

-CV played what I think may have been his best overall game as a Husky. Had a couple of out of control drives in the 1st half and maybe 1-2 ill-advised shots, but after that, I though his decisionmaking on offense was much more like what we want to see him do. And his defense was great!

-Polley also played arguably his best/most active game as a Husky on both ends.

-Tarin Smith - the gift that keeps on giving. So glad we have him.

-Other positives: decreased turnovers, Carlton, Yakwe, and B Adams all made positive progress towards better play.

***Negatives:

-Alterique was sooooooo out of control on offense tonight. Forcing too many drives, ill-advised passes. Gross. Most expected that it would take him a while to shake off the rust. Still needs to find that "sweet spot" for his offensive aggression

-Cobb never seemed to get into the flow of the offense and struggled on defense. I think it may have been a bit related to matchups. The good thing is that we have lots of interchangeable parts that we can adapt to each team we face. Tonight was all about the guard play, which is going to make it tougher for our bigs to have "great" games.

Double IPA Award (Overall Player of the Game) - Jalen / CV (tie)
IPA Award (Honorable Mention) - Tarin
Session IPA (Guard of the Game) - CV
Imperial Stout Award (Nastiest Dunk) - Jalen's alley-oop from CV

Cheers!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member