Brennan early top 25 on ESPN.com | The Boneyard

Brennan early top 25 on ESPN.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
This is so funny. I've never been an Eamonn Brennan fan and clearly for good reason because he does not know what he's talking about.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Love going into the season under the radar- 2011 anybody?
I agree. If much rather have it this way than expecting the world from a team full of players that disappointed collectively last year. Less pressure this way.

Reaction Score
I don't care much about rankings and get why people like the under the radar thing.

But it's been over half a decade since UConn's had a consistently top 5 team. Of course, the two championships make up for that and then some, but it'd be nice to have a season where the team's considered elite from start to finish.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
I scrolled down expecting to see us pop at 17/18 since that seems to be our preseason home these past few years. I guess it comes down to being pretty bad last year and losing our best player, but it's not like the guys we have coming in are unknowns or something.

Reaction Score
And no mention at all of UNC's scandal/fiasco.

I'd love to see UNC in the F4 this year to see how the talking heads treat it.

Reaction Score
The Wisconsin comment bothers me the most. They earn a respectful inclusion, because, duh, it's Wisconsin. Seriously?

We have way more talent on our squad at every position, and, duh, we're uconn. Where's our "respectful" inclusion? There's way too much talent on this team to not get at least a top 20 nod. What makes it even more confusing is our incoming talent is a duo of proven high level college talent, not freshmen who might not make that smooth transition to D1 ball (although we've got one of those too to appease the freshmen infatuation of most espn writers)

Reaction Score
We are always going to be a doormat for the talking heads and ESPN. I am not worried about being ranked- I am worried about chemistry- if we have it we will be pretty good- if not i see us as a 6 -7 seed. Maryland is going to be really really good- I can only assume we are DOOMED!!!

Reaction Score
An early August look at the top 25 for next season? I don't even think they should bother coming out with rankings before the New Year. I'm really starting to hate the writers at ESPN, not because of lack of respect for UConn but think they are lazy with actually providing anything insightful information and lets face it, the complete neglect to call out UNC.

I do, however like the Grantland Bball writers a lot.

Reaction Score
spanking maryland will feel that much better. dont mind being unranked, lets the team focus/ get angry . However it does mean there is little room for error in the OOC. Gibbs and adams is an elite pg rotation, clearly the best in the conference and probably one of the best in the country. last seasons boatright/samuel does not compare

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
spanking maryland will feel that much better. dont mind being unranked, lets the team focus/ get angry . However it does mean there is little room for error in the OOC. Gibbs and adams is an elite pg rotation, clearly the best in the conference and probably one of the best in the country. last seasons boatright/samuel does not compare
To be fair I don't think we'd be unranked when the Maryland game rolls around if they perform as they should at the Battle 4 Atlantis. Being unranked to start the season is just extra motivation and bulletin board material to get the ball rolling though.

Reaction Score
A 10 seed means we weren't a bubble team but we weren't far off from a bubble team.

Reaction Score
49793684.jpg

At least we are this close to the season starting

Reaction Score
I don't care about what this clown has to say. What I don't understand is the write-up on SMU. Everyone else gets praise for xyz reasons they're going to be good, but then all dude talks about re: SMU is a disappointing end to last season, Larry Brown getting suspended, and Kieth Frazier not returning.

You have at least Nic Moore and Markus Kennedy to talk about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom