Brendan Adams | The Boneyard

Brendan Adams

Reaction Score
I see a lot of requested lineup changes & different starting lineups, but I believe it’s hard to say or believe any of them would make a great impact on the positive or negative side.

With all that said, I believe putting Brendan Adams in the starting lineup would be a benefit. He seems to be the most consistent member of this team (along with Akok) & he brings toughness & tenacity that this team is in great desire for. Who comes out (Vital, Polley, Carlton) I will let Hurley or you guys decide that.

Bottom line Brendan Adams needs to play more & start & hopefully his play will help the Huskies.

Reaction Score
I agree with you because Adams also brings size and muscle to help us match up better physically where we are lacking. This is tough because it’s either Vital or Gilbert. and as soft as Carlton is we can’t go anywhere without him and there’s no one on the bench.

Reaction Score
Brendan Adams is not the answer. He is a good role player. He takes just as many contested or ill advised shots as Gilbert or Vitale. Inserting him into th starting line up will have no effect.

Reaction Score
If it were up to me, I would start Gaffney, Bouk, Adams, Akok and Josh. That lineup ultimately is the future anyway. Have AG, CV, Sid and Polley compete for 6th/7th man minutes, maybe that will force them to step up, who knows? I may be in the minority, but I am impressed with Whaley. He has transformed himself into a serviceable role player, and has always played hard and had good instincts on D.

This lineup may seem crazy, but it's worth a try. It's not like the result is going to be any worse than the last 2 games.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
I am not a big fan of Brendan Adams but I will say at the end of the game he was the only one that looked pissed. I thought he was about to cry. If it means that much to him, play him 40 minutes.

Our seats were right at the tunnel for the Huskies. My son high fives them all going in and out all day. BA was distraught and muttering to himself when he left. He really took the loss hard. No one was smiling but he looked the most upset.

Reaction Score
If it were up to me, I would start Gaffney, Bouk, Adams, Akok and Josh. That lineup ultimately is the future anyway. Have AG, CV, Sid and Polley compete for 6th/7th man minutes, maybe that will force them to step up, who knows? I may be in the minority, but I am impressed with Whaley. He has transformed himself into a serviceable role player, and has always played hard and had good instincts on D.

This lineup may seem crazy, but it's worth a try. It's not like the result is going to be any worse than the last 2 games.
I agree with this lineup. Or maybe just go clean sweep and start Whaley over Josh, albeit for limited minutes.

Reaction Score
He has to clean up his handle, passing and decision making, but he can hit the open 3. We need to get him clean looks in rhythm

Reaction Score
Our seats were right at the tunnel for the Huskies. My son high fives them all going in and out all day. BA was distraught and muttering to himself when he left. He really took the loss hard. No one was smiling but he looked the most upset.
This is a good thing. We want players that care. We want players to be upset about poor performances. I believe CV really cares as well. He does not want his UConn career to end missing on the post season all four years.

Reaction Score
Against solid teams he can’t go by anyone off the dribble and forces the drive, usually resulting in a turnover. He plays good defense and can make open threes. I don’t trust him handling the ball and see him more as a role player off the bench but I’m all for experimenting with lineup changes at this point.

Reaction Score
Brendan is one of our best bench players, providing much needed spark. For that reason I would keep him in that role. His day will come, but not right now.

Reaction Score
I agree with this lineup. Or maybe just go clean sweep and start Whaley over Josh, albeit for limited minutes.
Whaley needs to get more minutes. He's good defensively. He hustles and plays hard. His offensive game isn't that well developed, but Carlton STILL can't finish around the rim at 6'11 260. Are you kidding me?! He's SOFT. I like Whaley way better.

Reaction Score
I still don't understand why everything just forgets about Whaley. HE needs to be the one getting more minutes.

He got more minutes, yesterday. He wasn't the reason we lost but he nor Carlton deserve more minutes.

We need a step up at the center spot. Carlton is ok at times but can't convert layups when contested among other things. Whaley is not a center. Need to complete a trade before the deadline.

Reaction Score
He got more minutes, yesterday. He wasn't the reason we lost but he nor Carlton deserve more minutes.

We need a step up at the center spot. Carlton is ok at times but can't convert layups when contested among other things. Whaley is not a center.
He's still one of the tallest on the team. Carlton doesn't play like a center either. He's SOFT. He can't finish around the rim. What else is he good for>? A couple rebounds? Statistically speaking he's on par with a year ago with worse FG % and FT %. Considering most of his shot attempts happen around/close to the basket, 48.7 FG% is ABYSMAL!

Reaction Score
Always been an Adams man. If everyone competed with his and CV intensity we would have a winner.
Will be attending all of the rest of home games and look forward to not be in the doldrums after each. Carlton and the rest of them need our support now more than ever. Home crowd equals confidence.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Need to complete a trade before the deadline.
Or tank and get a great draft position.

As preposterous as it sounds from a causation standpoint, I am going to behave as though harsh, personal criticism of the players has a detrimental affect on their performance, and therefore refrain from it going forward. I suggest that others do the same.

Rather than yelling at the players or coaches about what they should be doing differently, I'll keep suggesting what posters can do differently.

Why? Because the only thing I can realistically change is myself, and I think that is so for all of us reading and posting as well.

Will it work? I say it'll work about as well as the complaints and criticisms do.

I sincerely believe that the players at the vast majority of schools in the American, D-1, and even many P6 schools don't meet the standards of "good enough" we imagine as necessary to win. I think that the starting line-up isn't the key, though substitution patterns, in-game adjustments, and team chemistry are essential, and if anything does come together, it will look much more like the games that have been won with all 10 scholarship players contributing.

I doubt many here will adopt my approach, but as Yogi said of baseball, it's "90% is mental, and the other half is physical. "

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom