Brendan Adams really impressed me | The Boneyard

Brendan Adams really impressed me

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Adams really impressed me. 15 pts (5-8), 6 reb, 2 ast in 26 min off the bench... and that wasn't even his best contribution tonight. He was an absolute lock-down defender man-to-man on the perimeter. I don't think anyone he guarded got into the paint off the dribble all night.

If he can bring that type of energy and defense all year, he's going to be really valuable for this team.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Adams really impressed me. 15 pts (5-8), 6 reb, 2 ast in 26 min off the bench... and that wasn't even his best contribution tonight. He was an absolute lock-down defender man-to-man on the perimeter. I don't think anyone he guarded got into the paint off the dribble all night.

If he can bring that type of energy and defense all year, he's going to be really valuable for this team.
Most impressive performance tonight by far- he also seemed much more assertive than last season—hopefully a silver lining during JB’s absence

Reaction Score
He played well. It will be interesting to see if he can play as well against higher quality opponents.
You can tell a lot by body language and how a player moves with the ball. Adams is for real, regardless of competition.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
B Adams is was a straight up bully out there on defense. His quickness, agility, and solid frame made it very difficult for the opposing player. And he seems like a reliable knock down shooter and driver. He really is an all around very good player in many areas of the game. I look forward to seeing him play and he is only in year 2!

Reaction Score
Combined with the way Sid played one might be tempted to think this staff can develop players.

and Vital and Carlton.

Vital's goal should be no less than first team AAC. That would be some development.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I thought Polley also showed the effects of coaching/development. Went from being a spot up 3 point threat, to driving, asserting himself on the interior, and actually rebounding his position, rather than picking up a stray here and there. Bodes well for the future, I believe.

Reaction Score
The biggest difference I saw from last night compared to last year was just how more athletic BA looked. Last year I thought he looked a bit stiff and really wondered if he could compete athletically. I didn’t have those doubts last night. He looked fast, strong and energetic and I cant wait to see the evolution of his skills with his athleticism.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Through the exhibition and opener Adams has been by far the best story, most improved player.

A couple things... Hurley’s offense at URI was very predicated on dribble penetration, utilizing jump stops. They practice these jump stops a lot but was rarely used last year by our guards. Adams utilized 2 jump stops perfectly in the game Friday, that had to make Hurley happy. Also, Sal’s work on his flexibility has really paid off. He’s clearly more agile than he wasn’t last year. That was his biggest weakness physically he was too stiff. He seems to be then most coachable player we’ve had in a while.

I’m really looking forward to seeing how he performs against better competition.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Bump. This kid continues to impress.

He stepped up big and ran the offense with Gilbert out. On defense, he was our only guard that could keep Buffalo from penetrating. He knocked down his FT and a few treys. Tremendous performance.

g_smith

made my username before I noticed the UConn theme
Reaction Score
His defense really helped win this game. Buffalo was lost out there with him hounding their guards.

Against certain teams, he’s a defensive mismatch. A tall point guard with the weight to match. Add In his intensity and ability to hit shots you’ve got the makings of a solid 4 year player. Tonight was the first of many games he steps up.

Reaction Score
Bump. This kid continues to impress.

He stepped up big and ran the offense with Gilbert out. On defense, he was our only guard that could keep Buffalo from penetrating. He knocked down his FT and a few treys. Tremendous performance.

I loved the way he calmly stepped into that last three. He looked supremely confident.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom