Brendan Adams' NBA Shot | The Boneyard

Brendan Adams' NBA Shot

Reaction Score
You're a math teacher so I'll let the improper possessive slide ;)

Adams is my favorite transfer we've ever had that I can remember. He put in the work in and out of the classroom to be successful. My wife had him in a summer class... he works as hard as any non-athlete. Best of luck to him on and off the court.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score

Adams is my favorite transfer we've ever had that I can remember. He put in the work in and out of the classroom to be successful. My wife had him in a summer class... he works as hard as any non-athlete. Best of luck to him on and off the court.
So easy to root for, even not in a UConn uniform. He graduated in 3 years before he went to GW, which is impressive in its own right.

An often forgotten cornerstone of the culture Hurley wanted to build here!

Reaction Score

Wow, so happy for Brendan! He was able to shine at GW (17.4p, 55.6 2P%, 38 3p%, 83.5 FT%) in his extra year of eligibility and how he's getting his shot.

That’s a great season stat line for a player in any league.
He stayed true to DH and the school knowing that he was being recruited over even as saw his time at UConn ending as the staffs recruiting plan was coming together getting better recruits ( whether they panned out or not)

I always liked BA and am glad he is given this opportunity and it’s something he’ll remember and cherish forever.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Man, I'd totally forgotten about this kid. I always liked him and I'm really happy he ended up excelling at GW.

In most years, you'd look at stats like those and say, "man, we could have used him." Not this year!

Reaction Score
That kid must of really made a leap because it seemed UConn was out of depth at the time .
If a kid wants to get better he can do at a lower level but playing time under game conditions are better than minimal minutes at a more visible program .
He has the advantage of also having a brother who was drafted to Work with,

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

It's not improper. You're clearly an adherent of the Chicago Manual of Style, which calls for an "s" after the apostrophe in all cases but biblical names (e.g., Moses), but the AP's Style Book calls for the exclusion of that "s" for all proper names. And other style manuals are divided between those two camps, or have their own rules depending on, e.g., the first letter of the following word.

nerds!!!.png

Reaction Score
Congrats Brendan! So happy that he found success at GW, hope he performs well this summer

Reaction Score
Originally an A10 recruit, represented himself and the UConn program well, settled into the A10 level and excelled. He took full advantage of the whole student-athlete experience and earned two degrees.

It’s not necessarily a very memorable moment for anyone else, but I always liked that he presented Hurley with the game ball for his 200th win. Brendan wasn’t playing much by that time, but he wanted to do it. He also passed up an opportunity to score in that game, in the few minutes he did play, by getting the ball to Springs, so he could get his first college basket. It’s the little things I appreciate.

Reaction Score
B. Adams is a culture guy who should always be remembered as a kid who helped lay the foundation & establish the culture here from day 1.

May be mistaken & don’t know if they do it anymore, but I believe Hurley used to make everything a competition when he first got here. And everything earned points related to competitive spirit, effort, etc. I believe BA was always winning or at the top of these things when it was said & done.

Great GREAT representative of the university. Wish him the best. Don’t need to though, cause he’s the type of kid that will make a way.

Reaction Score
Originally an A10 recruit, represented himself and the UConn program well, settled into the A10 level and excelled. He took full advantage of the whole student-athlete experience and earned two degrees.

It’s not necessarily a very memorable moment for anyone else, but I always liked that he presented Hurley with the game ball for his 200th win. Brendan wasn’t playing much by that time, but he wanted to do it. He also passed up an opportunity to score in that game, in the few minutes he did play, by getting the ball to Springs, so he could get his first college basket. It’s the little things I appreciate.

Character matters a whole lot more than a few extra decimals on your points per game average.

Reaction Score
It's not improper. You're clearly an adherent of the Chicago Manual of Style, which calls for an "s" after the apostrophe in all cases but biblical names (e.g., Moses), but the AP's Style Book calls for the exclusion of that "s" for all proper names. And other style manuals are divided between those two camps, or have their own rules depending on, e.g., the first letter of the following word.

nerds!!!.png

I just went down a rabbit hole on this. One weird exception is classical names always end in the apostrophe, no matter what you're doing... like Jesus' or Socrates'... except in MLA? It's weird and seems rather silly.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I just went down a rabbit hole on this. One weird exception is classical names always end in the apostrophe, no matter what you're doing... like ' or Socrates'... except in MLA? It's weird and seems rather silly.

I have gone down this rabbit hole several times.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Great to see this for Brendan. Played his butt off for UConn. Hope things work out for him. One of the most timely and appropriate transfers out ever. Left when it was time.

Reaction Score

I remember that pass to Springs quite well.

Adams is/was a hugely underrated player in the re-ascension of UConn under Coach Hurley.

100% bought-in culture guy who busted his butt for all 3 years he was here. Role model for what it meant to be a player in our current program.

Brendan will be successful in life no matter what his path turns out to be.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
He never lacked confidence.
Tenacity either. No quit. Never stopped believing in himself. Inspirational like CV, Boat, Bazz and so many other Uconn guards or guys like Hilton and Niels Giffey.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom