Brendan Adams Graduating in May | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Brendan Adams Graduating in May

Reaction Score
He's participating in senior day. He's transferring or going pro somewhere. I doubt this falls under the speculation rule here
Yeah I guess. It's a bizarre year though. That same logic would then imply that none of the seniors are returning.

Reaction Score
Was going to speculate whether he'd also get the start tomorrow in the seniors thread but didn't think it was fair. Now that this is out I wonder if he does

Reaction Score
Yes. I'm hoping and thinking we may have a senior or 2 possibly stay.
But if Tyler Phommachanh/IW/JC stay they won't count against it anyways. Wouldn't we only have 2 open? We're bringing in 3 guys to take the current seniors scholarships. Bouknight for sure and then since BA is graduating that will open up a 2nd if he decides to go pro or elsewhere

Reaction Score
But if Tyler Phommachanh/IW/JC stay they won't count against it anyways. Wouldn't we only have 2 open? We're bringing in 3 guys to take the current seniors scholarships. Bouknight for sure and then since BA is graduating that will open up a 2nd if he decides to go pro or elsewhere
Forgetting about Javonte Brown’s spot, would have 3 if/when BA leaves.

Reaction Score
I’ve always loved BA and the attitude and hard work he brings to the team! I was barely able to graduate in 4 years and I wasn’t a D1 athlete. Much respect to him and I will be routing for him no matter where he ends up!

Reaction Score
That's funny because I went the opposite direction, started out in finance/business and then switched over to Econ. And IIRC we were at UConn roughly the same time
You might be the only person I know that went that direction with the switch lol. I've known a few others that went Econ > finance/accounting or whatever. I was class of 2018

Reaction Score
3 open. Cole, Gaff, Jax, Rese, Akok, Sanogo, Springs, Diggins, Hawkins, Samson.

I'm more talking about we all of a sudden aren't crazy deep. It's hard to get 3 good contributors in Spring/Summer.

Reaction Score
Yes. I'm hoping and thinking we may have a senior or 2 possibly stay.
It would be nice to have a senior stay and not use a scholarship and then take a sit out transfer with one of the open scholarships

Reaction Score
3 open. Cole, Gaff, Jax, Rese, Akok, Sanogo, Springs, Diggins, Hawkins, Samson.

I'm more talking about we all of a sudden aren't crazy deep. It's hard to get 3 good contributors in Spring/Summer.
Yeah I forgot javonte was gone too. We really just need an extra shooter and a serviceable big man. Being back in the Big East and offering a top 25 team to a grad transfer looking to make a tournament run is a huge selling point. We'll be fine

Reaction Score
At least he can leave knowing that he belonged in Div 1, starting on a BE Championship potential team (forget the details), and finally playing in a post season.

Losing him will be unfortunate though, because he would have made the perfect Captain next year.

Reaction Score
Idk if anyone else has taken upper level Econ classes at UConn before, but they are extremely difficult. I was an Econ major at Storrs before switching to Finance, and man those upper level econ classes are killers. Made my finance courses seem like 2nd grade math lol. To complete that degree in 3 years while playing D1 basketball is quite the accomplishment. With or without basketball, BA will be more than successful in life

yeah was an Econ major. Some professors made the classes really interesting and were therefore not too bad however I had a couple of guys that were dry as dirt. I think the worst was having a 3 hour econ class at like 6pm at night with one of those professors that was super monotone.

Reaction Score
yeah was an Econ major. Some professors made the classes really interesting and were therefore not too bad however I had a couple of guys that were dry as dirt. I think the worst was having a 3 hour econ class at like 6pm at night with one of those professors that was super monotone.
I remember one of my macro classes had exam averages in the 50s and they pretended like that was normal. My final grade got curved like 20 points up to a B thank god. I could have gotten my econ minor but I just didn't want to deal with that ever again lol

Reaction Score
And we don't even know if this is a thing anymore.
Presumably it would be, would think if they had a blanket approval for all waivers you could still have a kid come in and not apply for one. But that's just my guess

Reaction Score
I remember one of my macro classes had exam averages in the 50s and they pretended like that was normal. My final grade got curved like 20 points up to a B thank god. I could have gotten my econ minor but I just didn't want to deal with that ever again lol

If your professor has class with a 50 average, it's probably their own fault, not the students'

Reaction Score

I took a Monday night Statistics course my freshman year same thing 6pm once a week for 3 hours. I remember the average of one of the exams was like you said maybe 50s or lower. Was insane. I was an Econ Major/ History Minor. I really loved history, not enough to become a teacher but I remember my senior year thinking a minor mattered and like taking extra courses to get one. Had so much reading to do. Looking back no one really cares lol, probably would have been happier with a lighter senior year.

Reaction Score
If your professor has class with a 50 average, it's probably their own fault, not the students'
It's "normal" in certain majors like engineering. Unfortunately many UConn teachers are there for research, and teaching a class on the side is like an annoyance for them lol

Reaction Score
It's "normal" in certain majors like engineering. Unfortunately many UConn teachers are there for research, and teaching a class on the side is like an annoyance for them lol

My fiance is getting her phd this summer. R1 jobs don't give a rats rear about your teaching ability. Many don't even ask in interviews until they're at the final 3-4 candidates (out of 50+ for each opening in her field). The worst professors get the biggest mega lecture classes too at here school--so the TAs can cover up if the prof is bad at teaching.

That's why I always recommend my students that are needier learners go to smaller/teaching colleges.

Reaction Score

Oh wow. It's no Electrical Engineering degree (ahem cough cough) but he's not embarrassing himself academically either. Good for Brendan Adams. I knew there was a reason why I like him so much.

Reaction Score
50 sounds pretty normal for some of the standard weed out classes. Seemed like a class average in the 50s was pretty common for all the early calculus classes. Maybe some of the Physics classes as well.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
He's participating in senior day. He's transferring or going pro somewhere. I doubt this falls under the speculation rule here

We speculated on that at the time he announced it. I think last year's class had just been announced and he likely saw the writing on the wall and knew it would allow him to transfer and play right away. Congratulations to him for getting the degree, that's what matters. He's given us Husky fans a lot, including last year when he was forced to be our power forward.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom