Brendan Adams...a true BAdass!!! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Brendan Adams...a true BAdass!!!

Reaction Score
Adams making me feel much better about the still unproven cole/gaff PG combo next year

also makes me think Hurley's gonna prioritize a transfer with the 3rd scholly this summer. we are a solid 12 deep for 2020 already and the minutes are getting harder and harder to divvy up with each game played

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Reminded me so much of what Marcus Smart is doing for the Celtics...

Great comparison. He is nowhere near that good but that’s his role on the team. Settles people down, fires them up when needed, guards several positions and just makes plays. I don’t think he’s all that athletic but he’s strong and doesn’t rely on athleticism like some guys do. Going to be so key as he gains more experience.

Reaction Score
What an emergence tonight!!!

Silky smooth and confident!!

View attachment 48386
Brendon Adams really is! I loved it when Branden Adams made that one pass. And when Brandon Adams did that crazy dribble. And when Brenden Adams hit that one shot. And when Brendan Adams hit that other shot. Did you know his name means King in Welsh? I'm not hot doggin ya.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Loved his defense starting preseason. I guess you need to score points before people start to recognize the skill set of players. Go back to the Florida game and look at his three misses. He had range in that game.
He’s not flashy but he’s got enough skill and strength to be a starter on many teams. @coachn commented on this a few games back and the blowback was he’s nothing more than a role player. It’s a good thing most of us aren’t coaching UConn.

Reaction Score
We had a few years where you never saw players develop, so I understand people's concern after his freshman outing. But this is just another reminder that under the right coaching players typically make a nice jump from freshman to sophomore year. We ought to remember that before trashing kids, as so many here did with Brendan last year and into the summer.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
We had a few years where you never saw players develop, so I understand people's concern after his freshman outing. But this is just another reminder that under the right coaching players typically make a nice jump from freshman to sophomore year. We ought to remember that before trashing kids, as so many here did with Brendan last year and into the summer.
Don’t remind me of the dark past!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
We had a few years where you never saw players develop, so I understand people's concern after his freshman outing.
I know I had my questions last year. This is just more proof Hurley knows what he's doing.

Reaction Score
20/3/2. 5/6 from the floor. 2/2 from deep. 8/10 from the line. 1 TO as our point guard.

He deserves this more than anyone. Kid fights to get better every day.
And that one turnover was a fluke where he dribbled it off his foot out of bounds

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
The weird thing is that the majority of this forum predicted Josh and Al would be the best players this year. Both players have started off poorly relative to our projections.

The one thing I can’t understand is why Josh has suddenly developed a case of fumblitis. The one thing he brought even under KO was great hands. He was the opposite of AO in that regard. But in yesterday’s game he bobbled his catches more than last years entire season. He and Al have to be pressing.

Reaction Score
Our Secret Wepon is no secret now. Remember I told you so. Doesn't get pushed around by any body. He can be my point guard any day.
No glitz . Hope he can stay steady. X tonite will be a test.
We have 4 good pt guards.

Reaction Score
Our Secret Wepon is no secret now. Remember I told you so. Doesn't get pushed around by any body. He can be my point guard any day.
No glitz . Hope he can stay steady. X tonite will be a test.
We have 4 good pt guards.
4 good point guards?

Reaction Score
Adams making me feel much better about the still unproven cole/gaff PG combo next year

also makes me think Hurley's gonna prioritize a transfer with the 3rd scholly this summer. we are a solid 12 deep for 2020 already and the minutes are getting harder and harder to divvy up with each game played
Lets rescue Gardner from ECU.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Adams reportedly works his mfing arse off. Youngins better keep up.

caw

Reaction Score
Reminded me so much of what Marcus Smart is doing for the Celtics...

I would go with a different Celtic this year, Brad Wanamaker. Not to slight Adams but Smart is just so disruptive defensively.

Reaction Score
Lets rescue Gardner from ECU.

absolutely. if akok leaves after his 2nd year there wont be any pure PFs on the 2021 roster. getting a transfer like gardner this summer would be ideal.

cole-gaff
bouk-adams
jackson-wilson
????
ferguson-springs

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members