Brenda & Michelle PodCast Discuss WNBA Draft & NCAA's | The Boneyard

Brenda & Michelle PodCast Discuss WNBA Draft & NCAA's

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
You provided the link for Geno's interview on Foxsports. Here's the link for Brenda and Mechelle's podcast:

http://www.womenssportscentral.com/wsc/

Brenda talks about Geno's practices which she's attended for the past 8 Final Fours: "different than everybody else...there's a demand and focus and attention to detail that others don't reach...very impressive."

A lot of credit given to Chris Dailey, by Geno (in FF press conferences), Brenda and Mechelle.

UConn will be big favorite heading in to next year...but so was Baylor last year.

Reaction Score
All it takes to lose a championship is one bad game by the teams key players while the other team plays out of their mind (16 3pt made, etc). Luckily, Geno is the best coach in the game and the team is supremely prepared during the post season so chances are pretty good next season:)

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Great discussion of Brittney Griner towards the end of the podcast as well.

With respect the UConn-centric stuff, I like the way Mechelle put it when she described the "institutional knowledge" at UConn with respect to performing at the highest levels in the NCAA tourney. Having Geno and CD as cornerstones, obviously, plus Shea as both a player now three times as an assistant, and then generally having kids on the team who have been part of national championship squads before. No other school has that kind of continuity.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Good stuff!!!

They did a good job.

Personally not a fan of Voepel, especially while she was talking about the Tennessee.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Interesting to hear that NY had been targeting Toni Young for some time. She is a tremendous athlete.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Michelle spoke very eloquently about BG's impact on the Baylor family and forcing them to rethink their view of gays. And I can say that I have seen that already.

I also loved the story that she told about Diggins at the post-draft luncheon and how she stood up in defense of BG. I think that this class will have lifelong friendships developed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom