Brenda Frese: Elite or Very Good, that is the question | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Brenda Frese: Elite or Very Good, that is the question

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Aren’t there 8 or 9 Maryland alumnae in the WNBA? There were 5 in the finals. I’m no fan of Brenda, but I’d say the number of players she’s put in pro ball makes her an elite coach, and not just a great recruiter.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

Aw come on, even I detest Sylvia Hatchell as one of my all-time dislikes and she's at your MOST-DESPISED school. Brenda is worse than her? It's like, I don't even know who you are anymore...:eek:

*Yes, that emoji was the closest thing to Carolina Blue that I could find to fuel that anger

Actually, considering how well Duke did against Hatchell.... I didn't mind her that much.... wish she was still coaching down the road. :D
Man... living where I do... I see that color every single hour when Im outside the house.... .. my hackles do get raised when I see that color... but not full out anger.... at least not in the off-season. :mad:
Aren’t there 8 or 9 Maryland alumnae in the WNBA? There were 5 in the finals. I’m no fan of Brenda, but I’d say the number of players she’s put in pro ball makes her an elite coach, and not just a great recruiter.

Well I guess using that logic Joanne McCallie was a elite coach... as she had at least 10 players in the WNBA that played for her at Duke. :eek:

Reaction Score
I would put Freese high on the very good list if we are capping elite to Geno, Tara and Kim. If one considers P5+BE coaches as being the programs to base comparisons then Maryland has easily been top 10 over the course of her career so that puts her in excellent company.

She is by no means my favorite in terms of personality or style but she's been very good during her time there, has a title to show for it and some of her players have been very successful professionally. The frequency with which some of her stars have transferred is a little strange but the culture doesn't seem to be all bad or toxic.

I will give credit where it's due and say she's in the next group of half dozen current coaches just below the trinity of elite.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro
Top Bottom