Breanna Stewart update! | The Boneyard

Breanna Stewart update!

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
1591733976562.png

WNBA: Top 10 players primed to continue their rise as stars
Breanna Stewart (Seattle Storm), A’ja Wilson (Las Vegas Aces) and Jonquel Jones (Connecticut Sun) highlight our list of WNBA stars set to raise their games even higher in 2020.
Read in Swish Appeal: WNBA: Top 10 players primed to continue their rise as stars — Swish Appeal

Reaction Score
Azura, Bria and Gabby are in this "Top 10 under-the-radar players poised to have breakout seasons". I think Naphessa should be in the list too..

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Bizarre that Pheesa was not included when they use this to push for Arike... :confused: :confused: :confused:

but scoring and flash will always get the attention over Most Valuable all around player. :(

Ogunbowale was one of the greatest clutch players in college basketball history at Notre Dame and led all WNBA rookies in scoring last year. She was also the only player besides Napheesa Collier to receive votes for the Rookie of the Year award, which Collier won 29 votes to 14. Ogunbowale could be on her way to becoming the best scorer in the league and should make her first All-Star Game appearance this year.

Reaction Score
Again, unfortunately the media and award buzz in bball is always too focused on scoring. I wish people looked more at Arike's lack of efficiency and the rest of her box scores.. ... Napheesa is efficient and fills the box score and that isn't sexy enough for the beat writers who just focus on points. Luckily it was noticed by the voters and the Lynx organization.

Reaction Score
I just watched the 2018 FIBA Women's basketball World championship semi-finals and finals on YouTube this afternoon. I was impressed [but not surprised] with the fact that FOUR of the starting five under Dawn Staley were former UCONN stars: Sue Bird, DT, Stewie, and Tina Charles {the fifth starter was Britthey Griner}. DT and Stewie were on the five top players of the Worlds, with Stewie as the MVP.

Tremendous basketball!!! If you miss the international game, the links are below [you may have to copy & paste - OUCH!]:

US vs. Belgium {semi-final}:

US vs Australia {final}:
Australia v USA - Full Game - Final - FIBA Women's Basketball World Cup 2018

Reaction Score
Only by UConn fans that favored KLS

As a UConn fan, I thought KLS would be a better pro. I was shocked that Pheesa became such a breakout star. I still think that KLS, should she regain her health and mobility, will be a top pro as well.

But hats off to Pheesa. Not sure how she did it as an undersized forward amidst the WNBA redwoods. But so pleased to see her excel at that level as well!!!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Where does she stand with her rehab? I saw her play v UConn but is she considered 100% back?

Reaction Score
Where does she stand with her rehab? I saw her play v UConn but is she considered 100% back?

Yes, it appears so.

From the article I linked:

"All three [including Stewart] are back to full strength and are eagerly waiting for the 2020 season to start.

Stewart was able to play a handful of EuroLeague games before the season ended due to the spread of COVID-19. In her last outing, Stewart played like her old self by tallying a near double-double with 16 points and eight rebounds."

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
As a UConn fan, I thought KLS would be a better pro. I was shocked that Pheesa became such a breakout star. I still think that KLS, should she regain her health and mobility, will be a top pro as well.

But hats off to Pheesa. Not sure how she did it as an undersized forward amidst the WNBA redwoods. But so pleased to see her excel at that level as well!!!
Lou isn't done yet!

Hey, Curly, you kill anyone today?

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Again, unfortunately the media and award buzz in bball is always too focused on scoring. I wish people looked more at Arike's lack of efficiency and the rest of her box scores.. ... Napheesa is efficient and fills the box score and that isn't sexy enough for the beat writers who just focus on points. Luckily it was noticed by the voters and the Lynx organization.

Collier should be included but Arike absolutely deserves her spot on there. She was a star as a rookie and the Wings should be better this year if Jefferson is healthy. It puts Arike at her natural position off the ball and Sabally is in the front court providing a solid scoring punch.

Arike's inefficiency is exaggerated too. She improved dramatically over the course of her rookie year and finished the year playing very high level basketball. After the All Star break she averaged 25 ppg and 4.2 assists while shooting 44% from the floor and 44% from 3. The person who Collier should take the place of is Chiney Ogwumike.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I will NEVER EVER EVER understand the love affair with Chiney Ogwumike.

She averaged 26+ ppg with over 60% FG shooting as a senior at Stanford, is a former number 1 overall pick, and has the athleticism to compete at the WNBA level. Having a breakout year would be good for the league and pretty cool to see a set of sisters reach that level together.

I don’t think Chiney is ever going to be an MVP type player, but it’s clear she has the ability to be a high impact player. She averaged 15.5 ppg on 54% FG with 8.5 rebounds as a rookie. She clearly has the tools, save for injuries. Get her on the right team and she would likely flourish. Not sure the crowded front court of LA is that fit though.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom