Breanna Stewart Most Oustanding Player | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Breanna Stewart Most Oustanding Player

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
How about a wing who can fly, in terms of both speed and elevation. The one and only Diamond DeShields!
I am hoping for a DD commitment,sooner than later for my own sanity:) I posted in recent days again the multiple connections that DD has with both TN and us. She has stayed in contact with current and future Huskies. She has done the same with TN along with multiple visits in recent months:(

Reaction Score
And another young woman who can play basically any position you want her to on any given night, aka the one and only Taya Reimer? :)
Reimer is on my list along with DD. The same concerns exist re TN and ND. Although Taya,has been visiting a ton schools.

Reaction Score
And another young woman who can play basically any position you want her to on any given night, aka the one and only Taya Reimer? :)

After next year Kelly will be gone. I think Taya is her replacement, not so much in position, but in the way she plays. I know I'm in the minority when I say I like Taya for us even better than DD. She's the ultimate Genotype (pun intended).

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
How does Stewart get all her points? Is it all in the paint? Can she shoot from distance?
She has range, supposedly out to the three-point line and beyond, but I expect she'll do the overwhelming majority of her damage inside at UConn.

Reaction Score
After next year Kelly will be gone. I think Taya is her replacement, not so much in position, but in the way she plays. I know I'm in the minority when I say I like Taya for us even better than DD. She's the ultimate Genotype (pun intended).

I think you are in the minority on that one. With that being said I hope UCONN gets both DD and Taya. There are alot of great players in the 2013 class so I hope UCONN gets Diamond, Taya, and at least one guard.

Reaction Score
I think you are in the minority on that one. With that being said I hope UCONN gets both DD and Taya. There are alot of great players in the 2013 class so I hope UCONN gets Diamond, Taya, and at least one guard.
Yep, I said I would be.

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score

I disagree, but this is my personal POV. Morgan Tuck is Kelly's replacement. I would take her over Taya Reimer any day of the week. With that being said, Taya is a very good ball player. I just wasn't overly impressed with exerted effort on her part in the few games I have seen of hers. Kelly is 100% nonstop, as is Tuck. I hope Reimer has improved that aspect of her game. As soon as I get off of these stupid crutches, I hope to watch a few games of hers very soon.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I disagree, but this is my personal POV. Morgan Tuck is Kelly's replacement. I would take her over Taya Reimer any day of the week. With that being said, Taya is a very good ball player. I just wasn't overly impressed with exerted effort on her part in the few games I have seen of hers. Kelly is 100% nonstop, as is Tuck. I hope Reimer has improved that aspect of her game. As soon as I get off of these stupid crutches, I hope to watch a few games of hers very soon.
Bruin, have you seen Tuck in person? How many times have you seen Reimer?

I like Morgan too. She seems to be playing as well as anyone in the country right now, including Breanna, and doing it against a tough schedule. She may no longer be ranked 1 or 2 in her class, but she has superstar promise.

I also like Taya. She has size, smarts, and versatility.

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
I have seen Tuck in person 3 times- all in her Freshman year and a few times on TV since. There's no doubt in my mind that without the ACL tear she would be #2/3 in the 2012 class. I have seen Reimer twice in person (once as a Fresh and Soph) and hope to a few times this season. It may have been a level of competition thing her Sophomore season - the team they played was overmatched but I was not impressed with overall effort. She still had a good game stats-wise, but I thought she still needed to exert herself a little more. I think she has the tools to be very special, but I hope another viewing changes MY mind.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I have seen Tuck in person 3 times- all in her Freshman year and a few times on TV since. There's no doubt in my mind that without the ACL tear she would be #2/3 in the 2012 class. I have seen Reimer twice in person (once as a Fresh and Soph) and hope to a few times this season. It may have been a level of competition thing her Sophomore season - the team they played was overmatched but I was not impressed with overall effort. She still had a good game stats-wise, but I thought she still needed to exert herself a little more. I think she has the tools to be very special, but I hope another viewing changes MY mind.
Thanks. Even with the ACL tear, Morgan might be #2 or 3 in her class.

Let us know how Taya looks.

Have you seen Mavunga?

Any local word on Reimer's or Mavunga's recruiting, especially w.r.t. Notre Dame?
I heard a rumor that Mavunga and Russell may want to play together. I'm not sure which schools are on both lists, but Louisville is one. And we know that Jeff got Schimmel out of Oregon.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I know a number of folks in Indiana who have seen both Taya and Mavunga who feel Mavunga is the better player.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I know a number of folks in Indiana who have seen both Taya and Mavunga who feel Mavunga is the better player.
From what I have read, it does sound rather mixed. Stephanie is ranked and regarded higher by some. I think she is more athletic. Taya is more versatile. I think Geno likes Taya. Both appear to be very good.

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
It's kind of mixed here as well. Taya the more versatile vs. Mavunga the dominant post with better D. Both are very good, but I believe most would take Reimer and the versatility. Taya will win Ms. Basketball unless something freaky happens.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Some of you might think its heresy to have a syracuse fan on your board saying they will be following UCONN womens basketball, but you'll enjoy having Breanna Stewart there. If you're interested in reading stories on her go to syracuse.com click on sports then highschool and the girls hoops, they have 4 stories on the tournament.

Direct link to Syracuse.com and Stewart articles

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
It's kind of mixed here as well. Taya the more versatile vs. Mavunga the dominant post with better D. Both are very good, but I believe most would take Reimer and the versatility. Taya will win Ms. Basketball unless something freaky happens.
Much appreciated. We value your expertise and inside knowledge.

Merry Christmas to the Bruinball family, especially the one celebrating her first!

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
The tip in by Stewart is awesome.

I can see why some were impressed by Jones, nice moves.

Reaction Score
Some of you might think its heresy to have a syracuse fan on your board saying they will be following UCONN womens basketball, but you'll enjoy having Breanna Stewart there. If you're interested in reading stories on her go to syracuse.com click on sports then highschool and the girls hoops, they have 4 stories on the tournament.
Hey there:) I thought it was great that you a Cuse fan came on here and indiciated you will be folloowing UCONN womens basketball. To say we are extactic about Breanna is off of the charts. Would love for you to become a regular member to the BoneYard,and contribute your insight;) I an looking forward to reading all that there is from B's Home Area from this time forward and over the next 4 years when she arrives on campus for the beginning of college and Basketball. Ira

Reaction Score
How is the knee I read about what occurred a couple of days ago and wanted to get updates. While on the subject! What are your thoughts on all of the talk about Kamika Williams coming back not only this season,but in January? If I remember corrrectly the injury and Sur! were in July! Ira

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom