Breanna Stewart Makes USA Pan Am Team | The Boneyard

Breanna Stewart Makes USA Pan Am Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Breanna is the only high school player to make the USA team that will compete in the Pan Am games in Mexico beginning October 21. The team will gather in Houston for practice on Oct 15 so it's unlikely that Breanna will be in attendance for the First Night festivities on Oct 14. Congrats to Breanna!

http://www.usabasketball.com/womens/panamerican/11_wpag_team.html

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Congrats Breanna! aside from Standish, Redmon, and Sykes, i've never heard of any of those players before. i had to look more closely to see the others play at schools like Hofstra, UCSB, Oral Roberts, Eastern Michigan, etc. not that these kidsi aren't good - if they don't play for highly thought of programs or come into college with a ton of hype like EDD, it's rare that we really hear a lot about some of these other kids.

sometimes they have great years (like Dawn Evans from James Madison) or their team makes the tourney and we get to hear about them in the first round, but usually they are very obscure (for me anyway!)...

Reaction Score
Congrats Breanna! aside from Standish, Redmon, and Sykes, i've never heard of any of those players before. i had to look more closely to see the others play at schools like Hofstra, UCSB, Oral Roberts, Eastern Michigan, etc. not that these kidsi aren't good - if they don't play for highly thought of programs or come into college with a ton of hype like EDD, it's rare that we really hear a lot about some of these other kids.

sometimes they have great years (like Dawn Evans from James Madison) or their team makes the tourney and we get to hear about them in the first round, but usually they are very obscure (for me anyway!)...

Agree that I haven't heard of much either but i'll add one to your list in Kevi Luper. She was the country's leading scorer for much of last year, but not sure where she ended the year.

Reaction Score
Except for Stewart, Kastanek and Sykes, that Pan American team might as well have been from Pan Ama. I never heard of these guys.

[Great minds think alike, huh? I clicked after reading the article and writing my post and find two guys beat me to it!]

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
great minds wonk? how about great mindLESS people?!! lol.

Reaction Score
Breanna has grown!!!!

Breanna Stewart
F/C
6-7

NCorBust - where did you get these numbers from? (upon edit) OK - found 'em!
How do we know that USA Basketball did something sensible, like actually measuring the players' height and weight, rather than just passing along some erroneous data from another source?

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
How do we know that USA Basketball did something sensible, like actually measuring the players' height and weight, rather than just passing along some erroneous data from another source?
Heck they probably use the same proven scientific methods as the Boneyard. They take a team picture with either seats, or better yet, rows of bleachers behind the team. Then they compare the erroneously published heights of the other players nearby to the player in question, ignore optical distortion and parallax issues and accurately and irrafutably determine the player's heigh to a fraction of an inch. ;)

Reaction Score
They must have done the average of 6'4 (her height as we know it) and 6'10 ;)

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Breanna is the only high school player to make the USA team that will compete in the Pan Am games in Mexico beginning October 21. The team will gather in Houston for practice on Oct 15 so it's unlikely that Breanna will be in attendance for the First Night festivities on Oct 14. Congrats to Breanna!

http://www.usabasketball.com/womens/panamerican/11_wpag_team.html
Not only is she the only HS player to make the team, but she is 3 years younger than anyone else on the roster.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
The Guru begs to differ with USA Basketball.... Stewart is not the first high school player to make the Pan Am team.

LINK

Reaction Score
Brianna is a very unique WBB player and this will be a great experience to play with less well known players and she will make them better..Have fun and stay healthy!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom