Breanna Stewart Endorses Huskies' Training | The Boneyard

Breanna Stewart Endorses Huskies' Training

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Guess who is going home to train once she's cleared? Yup, Stewie.

"Once she is cleared to practice, Stewart plans to go to UConn and run the court with the current squad. “Have them kind of push me in ways I felt when I was in college,” she said, “and help me get back.”

She, Ashley and Swin at the Jr. NBA World Games helping out.

"There is strong UConn women’s basketball presence at the Jr. NBA Global Championships, a basketball equivalent of the Little League World Series, in Orlando this week. There are 64 teams from 40 countries, and they have been getting basketball tips and life lessons from former Huskies Breanna Stewart, Ashley Battle and Swin Cash.

“I have a unique opportunity to be here, because otherwise I’d be playing in the WNBA if I wasn’t hurt,” said Stewart, who is recovering from a torn Achilles and aiming for a 2020 return to the court. “It’s cool being able to interact with the kids, watch them play, and also help them with some life skills. I’ve talked to them about the mental aspects of the game, it’s something kids 12, 13 or 14 don’t really think about, but if I knew about it then, it would have helped me when I got a little bit older.”

Former UConn standouts Breanna Stewart, Ashley Battle, Swin Cash sharing their basketball, life experiences at Jr. NBA Global Championships

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

"Once she is cleared to practice, Stewart plans to go to UConn and run the court with the current squad. “Have them kind of push me in ways I felt when I was in college,” she said, “and help me get back.”

"There is strong UConn women’s basketball presence at the Jr. NBA Global Championships, a basketball equivalent of the Little League World Series, in Orlando this week. There are 64 teams from 40 countries, and they have been getting basketball tips and life lessons from former Huskies Breanna Stewart, Ashley Battle and Swin Cash.

“I have a unique opportunity to be here, because otherwise I’d be playing in the WNBA if I wasn’t hurt,” said Stewart, who is recovering from a torn Achilles and aiming for a 2020 return to the court. “It’s cool being able to interact with the kids, watch them play, and also help them with some life skills. I’ve talked to them about the mental aspects of the game, it’s something kids 12, 13 or 14 don’t really think about, but if I knew about it then, it would have helped me when I got a little bit older.”

Former UConn standouts Breanna Stewart, Ashley Battle, Swin Cash sharing their basketball, life experiences at Jr. NBA Global Championships

More UConn quotes at bottom of article.

Stewart, Battle and Cash all represent the UConn name with pride, offering such success stories on and off the court.

One thing about UConn," Cash said, "we came up in that pipeline of not only caring about the game and ourselves but also to give back to the game and that’s what we do everywhere to go. To be a Husky and an alumni means a lot, represents a lot. … Making sure I have the opportunity to talk not only to the next generation of players, but the next generation of coaches and have conversations about the direction of our game. Any influence we can give in that area, I’m super-excited.”

Said Battle, “It’s fantastic that Sue has been hired and Swin has been hired. I played with them at UConn, and we talk pretty regularly and give each other information so we can be better. That’s a part of going to UConn – how can we help one another? – but then also, we’re women trying to rise through the ranks of the league.”

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Reading is fundamental. I would hope by now people realize I tease a story, not wring it dry. The copyright people like it that way too (and let us not forget the mods!).

Anyway, it should be obvious by now that UConn WCBB is a vast, interconnected conspiracy bent on dominating WCBB. Hearings must be held, reputations must be ruined .... oh the humanity!

Reaction Score

Have to think this will be great for Liv, Meg, and Evelyn.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Have to think this will be great for Liv, Meg, and Evelyn.
It will be great for us too. She will be such a positive influence on the team.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
who's gonna defend Stewie during these workouts?

I certainly hope Nelson-Ododa will work with her some, and possibly Walker and Adebayo. If any one of them can guard Stewie 50%, it will be a good sign.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
So, Evelyn decided to transfer to UConn, and ... poof ... she gets to hang out with the WNBA and World Cup MVP. Good choice!!

“It’s like a dream to be here," she said. "I’m the first one from England here. Coming from where I’m from, this doesn’t usually happen, us ending up at UConn.”

And Stewie too! Yes, Evee, you are not in Western Kentucky anymore.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Her presence will be unmeasurable to the current team with so many new faces...…..

She'll be another set of eyes and ears for the coaches. She can "coach" the girls also. Stewie has “Deity” status at UConn. Every player on the roster has been looking at Stewart’s name on the wall in the Werth Center and in Gampel. Now she’s going to be there in person. I guarantee you they'll listen to her. ;)

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom