Breanna Stewart As UConn Basketball Historian | The Boneyard

Breanna Stewart As UConn Basketball Historian

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
There was a sidebar comment by Mechelle Voepel in the ESPNU selection show that caught my ear.

She said that Geno had commented that he often gives his players history lessons (about past UConn teams), and in many cases those lessons fall on disinterested if not deaf ears (that was the implication, to me at least). But he said that the one player who really knows her UConn WCBB history is none other than Breanna Stewart.

Another of the talking heads speculated that is because she wants to have in view the history that she aspires to rewrite.

In any case, while I knew she could do many things related to basketball, the role of historian is not one that I would have predicted.

Reaction Score
That is the reason Breanna went to UConn, Best Coach in Geno, who could make her the best player in the game, and the history of winning 4 National Championships, which she has said since she's there 4 years, winning is the goal.

Reaction Score
She said that Geno had commented that he often gives his players history lessons (about past UConn teams), and in many cases those lessons fall on disinterested if not deaf ears (that was the implication, to me at least).

Kind of a stretch - he (Geno) didn't say anything at all about the other players one way or the other. All he said, at least as Mechelle tells the this story, is that Breanna was the most knowledgeable. Not sure where we're coming up with "disinterested" and "deaf ears", but it's disrespectful to the other players.

UConn Earns Overall No. 1 Seed (about fifteen seconds from the end)

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
There was an article, I think from the Syracuse area, sometime after Stewie committed, which indicated that from early on Stewie had a voracious appetite for all things UConn WBB and she'd tell her dad she was going to play for UConn. Certainly the story of her visit and oral commitment is consistent with that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01